AVIC411.com

I'm just wondering, you can't play videos in motion, or you can't play videos at all?

I have the 3 wire relay bypass on my APPRADIO 2 and it works great. This is what I do to play videos:

On your phone open Netflix or YouTube and start the video. (Netflix and YouTube both have built in Mirroring, so this will work without making any setting changes on your phone)

Then from where ever you are on the AppRadio go to the home screen and tap the Apps icon. Don't touch anything eles on your radio.

When it comes up on your phone, tap Allow and in just a couple secounds the video will start playing on your AppRadio screen.

If your relay is wired correctly, the video will continue to play once your car is in motion.

Sorry about the long post, but I hope this helps.

A friend of mine has a 1st gen in his Challenger. I did this on his and it worked. In this order.

Start your car and your AR1, wait about 15 seconds.

Start the Pioneer AppRadio App on your Iphone and connect the cable. Wait on the AR1 and Iphone to sync up.

Click allow on your Iphone

Tap the App Icon on the radio. Then open YouTube on your Iphone.

Now unplug the cable to your Iphone then plug it back in, and click allow.

If you need to, tap the app icon on the radio again.......at this point go back to YouTube on your Iphone and start your video

Click allow again if ask, your video should start.

I'm also wondering if the pictures in your camera roll show up on your Radio screen when you go into the pictures on your AR1?

If they do, you can play any movies you have on your phone from here.

Just move any movies on your Iphone to your Camera Roll, Go back to the Pictures app on your AR1. Click allow on your Iphone.

Then tap the movie on the screen of your AR1 the movie will open. Tap the Play > arrow on the screen and the movie will start.

These were the steps on my friends setup. This should work for you. The order on your setup might be slightly different. Anyway this should work for you, unless you have a bad cable. (you must use the cable that came with the radio to play videos, no extention cables).

I hope this helps.

Maybe you can give this a try. I bought my AR1 in March 2012 during the Best Buy sale ($200) but I assume it still has the old old firmware 2.22 on it, since it doesn't show what firmware I have under settings on the AR1. I installed a relay because my wife didn't want to have a switch on the dash.

The only way I can get AR1 to play videos is to do the following:

-turn car on --> wait for AR1 to load --> when it loads, plug in your iPhone --> wait for it sync with AR1 --> click on the "Apps" icon on AR1 --> warning will come up but you cannot click "ok" to go beyond this point

--> turn off your car with your iPhone still connected --> turn on your car again --> AR1 should load up quickly --> click on "Apps" icon again on AR1 --> should go to a different screen to tell you to connect your iPhone --> click "ok" --> takes you to a blank screen --> start video/youtube on iPhone and video should play back on the AR1

It took me forever to figure this out and I was getting really upset because the by-pass worked during my initial install and then inconsistently during the next month. I believe it has to deal with the requirement for AR1 to receive 2 pulses from the e-brake in order to confirm that the car is parked before allowing video playback. When you turn the car on the first time, the first pulse it sent to the radio but it requires a second pulse before it can be bypassed. By turning the car off and turning it back on, AR1 receives the second pulse allowing you bypass the e-brake requirement (or so I think).

If you listen closely when you first push the "Apps" icon, you can hear the relay click. It does this again when you turn the car off and then back on again. What I normally do on startup (if I think I will use the video playback feature) is to turn the car to the "on" position (not start the car), wait for AR1 to load, click the "Apps" icon, then start the car (in my car, the electrical signal goes out for a second while the engine turns over).

I hope this helps.

(Disclaimer: I am very tech savvy when it comes to general electronics but this is my first time meddling with car audio equipment. I'm sure there is a specific terminology for what I have said, but this is the best I can do for now. Still learning.)