AVIC411.com

I went back to the installer and the CHANGED the batterey / power from accessori to constant . Here is the result:

_Restarting the car (and appradio) the language selezione IS reset ... Pre-selection of language is NOT memorized.

_Clock setting is NOT memorized

_Radio Station settings ARE memorized.

Any idea why?

so it was better before going to the installer...? ( so connection was ok....)

when you select the area zone , must be in "other" and not "usa"...can you try this ?

if not, maybe there 's something from firmware ? did you try european firmware ( don't know if it works but...)

spoke to soon - after a 3 hour pause, no radio settings or time settings are saved, and the radio keeps switching automatically to 'north america',even when the car is running, which is not where I am located.

and no video viewing is possible, nor any apps in the iPhone (other than phone, radio and iPod but on a blank screen)

back to square one.

I've never cracked one of these open but is there a battery that will keep the memory settings similar to a CMOS battery on a motherboard?

How would i open the unit to check for a battery, where would the battery be?- I've had the installers reset all connections, and everything is working again except memory of time, radio stations, country settings etc....basically no memory at all.

How would i open the unit to check for a battery, where would the battery be?- I've had the installers reset all connections, and everything is working again except memory of time, radio stations, country settings etc....basically no memory at all.

You would have to open the case and check out the main board. I wouldn't be surprised if the battery isn't replaceable since this is a relatively cheap piece of electronics and designed to never be used again if it fails. You can also check the constant 12V from the battery to see if that's providing enough power.