AVIC411.com

Appradio 1.7.0 update. Does it break appradio extensions?

I just ran thought the radio update to version 2.5 and all is well with appradio extensions. However because of Mikes's fine work I'm always cautious when updates to firmware or the iPhone app comes out. Has anyone tried the 1.7.0 release to see if anything breaks with appradio extensions?

If Mike didn't encounter any issues then that's good enough for me. Much appreciated Mike! Your extensions make this product an amazingly versatile car audio system. let's just hope pioneer keeps improving it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

And for anyone else asking this question. According to mike it's safe to update the iPhone app radio app as it still works with appradio extensions.

No, unless you backed up the ipa from iTunes before upgrading. I just tested my version and I didn't see any gray icons. I think they just get cleared from the cache and take a while to load back up.

Edit:

They look fine on the radio's screen but show up gray in the app's setting. Looks like they introduced a new bug.

Hi all,

I accidently updated my iPhone app to the latest AppRadio. I had 2.22 on my HU. When I tried to use the AppRadio it gave me a black screen for anything other than the home screen. So I went ahead and updated to 2.50. I couldn't use AppExt because I earlier had to updated to iOS 5.1 (phone issue). So I went the tethered route to Jailbreak my phone. So with this said, my brake bypass is broken and will not let me get to apps at all, even if I'm parked and do the process they want you to do. Mike's AppExt doesn't appear to work either or I can't tell because I can't get past the warning screen.

Rosno

The ability to use the apps that require the parking break to be set isn't contingent on appradio extensions. Pioneer has changed the way this break thing works at least once now so only an actual switch will continue to work if an when they alter it again. I would suggest a full factory reset on the head unit then make sure you're using a switch to see if you can get your parking break apps to work.

Yeah -- if you DO do that, you need to use crackulous. Luckily, I still had appradio version 1.5.0 installed on my ipad, and I used crackulous to rip it/transfer it to my iphone.

So -- on AR 1.7.0, I'm finding that the enhanced app mode doesn't work on the old firmware (I'm still on factory firmware). I know I should upgrade, but being a longtime follower of the jailbreak community, in that world we don't upgrade our firmware unless there's a damned good compelling reason to do so.

Dropping down to 1.5.0, I've had no problems with the current firmware. Something has changed, but I'm not quite sure what. Also, for the record, tomtom works beautifully with this hack :) That is probably the SINGLE biggest utility I see in this so far :)

I just saw on the AppStore that pioneer is calling 1.7.0 "incompatible" with appradio 1. Try are saying not to update if you have AR1 O_o

Ridiculous. How can they release an update to an app that people already use and say it's not compatible with their receiver.

"This release is not compatible with SPH-DA01 and can cause malfunctions if used on this product. SPH-DA01 users should not install the Version 1.7.0 update.

SPH-DA01 users who have installed this version 1.7.0 and have experienced malfunctions on their product after the update should do another firmware update. Please refer to the Pioneer Corporation website for more information."

Source: http://itunes.apple....d434811742?mt=8

With that said, I don't have any issues running this version on an AppRadio 1.