AVIC411.com

Appradio 2 (SPH-DA100) and Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen renewed complaints about BT quality with the Z1xx series. Thankfully I have not had that problem, but I also have not heard any complaints about the BT for the AppRadio 2. Has anyone had issues with this, particularly when changing OS versions?

On some devices, notably my Samsung Galaxy S3 and S2 LTE, plus one other person's Droid, all running Android 4.04, Bluetooth has issues connecting to the AppRadio when you start your car, prompting you to allow it every time. I think this is a bug in Android more than in the AppRadio though.

I have had a couple of issue where the AppRadio shows it's saved devices in Bluetooth as 3 devices all named G5: and won't connect. A restart fixes that usually. Once I had to do a factory reset.

On some devices, notably my Samsung Galaxy S3 and S2 LTE, plus one other person's Droid, all running Android 4.04, Bluetooth has issues connecting to the AppRadio when you start your car, prompting you to allow it every time. I think this is a bug in Android more than in the AppRadio though.

I have had a couple of issue where the AppRadio shows it's saved devices in Bluetooth as 3 devices all named G5: and won't connect. A restart fixes that usually. Once I had to do a factory reset.

I guess I will find out Monday when my SGS3 arrives whether I have the same issue.

It's a bug in Android though. The way they can sidestep the bug is by allowing the radio to attempt the connection for a longer period of time. At least when they do that a person can get Tasker to click OK to accept the connection before the prompt disappears.

I guess I will find out Monday when my SGS3 arrives whether I have the same issue.

Just do me a favour. Document exactly what steps you take to connect everything via Bluetooth and let me know if you have the issue I experience. Maybe there's a way around it that I haven't found yet.

Just do me a favour. Document exactly what steps you take to connect everything via Bluetooth and let me know if you have the issue I experience. Maybe there's a way around it that I haven't found yet.

So there were no unusual steps when I connected to my Z130BT. I simply put my phone as "discoverable" and told the head unit to search for devices. Once my phone appeared, I clicked it and a window popped up on my phone that asked for the password. I entered the password and hit "OK." I was then told that the Z130BT wanted access to the contacts list. I selected "don't ask again" (this appeared as "always allow access" or something like that on my old Droid), and hit "OK." No problems thereafter, and contacts list downloaded fine. I was able to call people via voice recognition (or what Pioneer passes for voice recognition!).

This leads me to believe that it is an issue with the AppRadio 2 software...

For what it's worth, my phone is on Android 4.0.4 and the Z130BT bluetooth firmware is 3.36.

That still doesn't explain why Bluetooth works perfectly fine when I have Android 2.3.5 on the S2 LTE. ;)

OK? My droid worked fine on Android 2.3.x as well. Both of my phones connect to the Z130BT and my separate Samsung Bluetooth headset just fine. Have you tried connecting your phone to other BT devices? I'll bet it works fine. Besides, it's not like Pioneer doesn't have a history of shotty firmware releases.

OK? My droid worked fine on Android 2.3.x as well. Both of my phones connect to the Z130BT and my separate Samsung Bluetooth headset just fine. Have you tried connecting your phone to other BT devices? I'll bet it works fine. Besides, it's not like Pioneer doesn't have a history of shotty firmware releases.

Every device that I've connected my phones to that has a PIN other than 0000 has this issue.

Every device that I've connected my phones to that has a PIN other than 0000 has this issue.

That would surprise me. That would be a glaring oversight on the part of the manufacturer and software developers. Have you tried to change Pioneer's password? It works fine for me with 1111 on the Z130BT, though.
  • 2 months later...

So I'm wondering, any of you have a Galaxy Tab by chance?

I'm wondering if I can use my Verizon Galaxy Tab 7.7.

I have a data plan with it so I don't mind using that for all my needs, media wise, instead of my phone.

I have a dock with HDMI and USB out so I can just dock my tablet every time I need to if that works.

At minimum I would think mirroring works no problem because it's basically a blown up SGS2/SGS3?

Can any one please respond back if they have a tablet they can test with. Thanks!