AVIC411.com

f700bt: iPhone works, 160gb iPod classic doesn't

I've spent days reading this forum about iPods working, not working, working sometimes, etc. It looks like there is no end to the problems with this unit concerning iPods along with those who don't have any problems.

I have had the 700bt for three years and my iPhone has worked flawlessly the whole time. Last week I connected my less than one year old iPod classic with the same cable. The screen shows the Pioneer is trying to connect...shows the Pioneer logo and some information of the track that is playing, and then disconnects.

When I first bought the iPod I put some music on it and connected to the 700 and it worked fine, just like the phone. Now that I have it 2/3 full I have a problem. Is that a possibility?

The iPhone is a 3+ year old 3GS version 4.3.5, iPod is version 2.0.4, and Pioneer is version 2.008. Any reasons why iPhone works and iPod doesn't?

Thank you.

You two will have to help me out.

Does restore mean wipe everything off and resync? Then, yes. If not you'll have to help me out as I sync as little as possible and I don't use iTunes to sync, I use Media Monkey.

I have synced content at least 7 times since receiving it in November 2011, as a matter of fact, I'm doing so right now. Does that help?

id use itunes to atleast update your ipods firmware... might be something wrong in that end.

iPod firmware is up to date according to iTunes. I really don't want to do anything using iTunes...only as a last resort will I do that. It will wipe out my iPod and I'll have to sync again which takes a few hours as I have over 17,000 tracks on it.

VBLUE, I'm not sure what you mean by using iTunes as a test unless you mean sync some tracks using it. I don't want to because of what I said above. I'd rather use the AV2 input for now than go thru all the hassle of resyncing and it still not work.

Thank you all for your help though. Maybe if nothing else is suggested I'll try it in a week. But even if iTunes syncing makes the iPod work that doesn't help. My music library is in Media Monkey so I need the Pioneer to work when I use MM. And as I've said, the iPhone works fine and I sync it with MM.

VBLUE, I'm not sure what you mean by using iTunes as a test unless you mean sync some tracks using it.
he is saying that you should try to use itunes to restore (yes, wipe clean, and then resync you media) as a test to see if using itunes will fix the problem

I don't want to because of what I said above. I'd rather use the AV2 input for now than go thru all the hassle of resyncing and it still not work.
what hassle? its a couple of mouse clicks and then walk away from the computer for a couple of hours. sounds pretty simple to me, but it you dont want to try things to get it to work, then i guess your all set with your "plan B"

i have also seen non apple software cause issues with some of the pioneer, which is why even though i hate apple and most of what they stand for, i always use itunes, not to mention that it is great software that works.

also just because one device works using 3rd party software, doesn't mean that another will there is quite a bit of difference between the ipod and iphone software.

"he is saying that you should try to use itunes to restore (yes, wipe clean, and then resync you media) as a test to see if using itunes will fix the problem"

Am I misunderstanding? Is the "test" the restore? I'm not trying to be a dork/jerk, but if I don't have any music in iTunes to sync then it really

isn't a test. I think what you all are trying to say is restore using iTunes, resync using Media Monkey, and see if the iPod works with the whole

process being the test.

"i have also seen non apple software cause issues with some of the pioneer, which is why even though i hate apple and most of what they stand for, i always use itunes, not to mention that it is great software that works."

I agree, iTunes is good for basic syncing of music, MM is much more powerful for playlists.

"also just because one device works using 3rd party software, doesn't mean that another will there is quite a bit of difference between the ipod and iphone software."

Good point. Might be worth "the hassle", then. Thank you.

the "test" is to use itunes to erase, reformat, AND load music onto you ipod.

if you dont have music in itunes, then just put your music into itunes. you dont have to move any music around so it will not effect any of your other libraries. just have itunes search the drive where you keep your music, it will find it and then add it to its library.

Restored iPod in iTunes and added 7 artists with 100 or so songs. Synced to iPod, connected to Pioneer and it worked. Restored to clear iPod, synced 17,000 plus songs to iPod with Media Monkey and now it doesn't work. So, what we don't know is whether MM does something or if the Pioneer can't handle that many Tracks (17,600), Artists (who knows?), Playlists (84). Since I synced using MM back in December and it worked fine with a small number of artists/tracks/playlists, I have to think it's the Pioneer.

Guess now the decision is whether to just use AV2, or import all my tracks and playlists into iTunes. Thank you all for your patience and help.

The problem is MM. Just like the last hundred people that has had issues like this for the 6 years I've been on this forum. Just FYI I had over 5K songs on my 160GB through iTunes and never had an issue so it is certainly not an issue with the amount of songs on the iPod. At least as long as you're using iTunes.

for the record, i have over 10k songs in 50gb loaded on my ipod via itunes, works like a damn champ!

first off, i would have put all of the media on the ipod instead of very little (especially since your convinced its a capacity issue) of your library. especially since it did start working after our "test"

but then you wasted an entire (insert your amount of time here) re-syncing your library your way just to have it still not work. the whole point of the test was to see if it would start working if you used itunes (which it passed) but then without fully testing it, you went back to the old way that you know didn't work. i still dont se how you could think this is still a problem with the pioneer.

I cant for the life of me understand why in the world anyone would rather use a front input for an ipod when one of the best features of the radio is its ipod interface(it surely isn't its nav interface!), not to mention charging the ipod with another cable if you use AV2. then there's having to make sure that the ipod's volume setting is just right... is this really a question? over "more powerful playlist"? its media syncing, 1st party software is almost always better than 3rd party software, use what works, its playlist for crying out loud, you put the list of songs you like into list. rigging is weaksause!