AVIC411.com

f700bt: iPhone works, 160gb iPod classic doesn't

for the record, i have over 10k songs in 50gb loaded on my ipod via itunes, works like a damn champ!

first off, i would have put all of the media on the ipod instead of very little (especially since your convinced its a capacity issue) of your library. especially since it did start working after our "test"

but then you wasted an entire (insert your amount of time here) re-syncing your library your way just to have it still not work. the whole point of the test was to see if it would start working if you used itunes (which it passed) but then without fully testing it, you went back to the old way that you know didn't work. i still dont se how you could think this is still a problem with the pioneer.

I cant for the life of me understand why in the world anyone would rather use a front input for an ipod when one of the best features of the radio is its ipod interface(it surely isn't its nav interface!), not to mention charging the ipod with another cable if you use AV2. then there's having to make sure that the ipod's volume setting is just right... is this really a question? over "more powerful playlist"? its media syncing, 1st party software is almost always better than 3rd party software, use what works, its playlist for crying out loud, you put the list of songs you like into list. rigging is weaksause!

I'm not sure why you are so angry with me...I've only asked a question to see if there is a solution to whether a 160gb classic works with the Pioneer or not. Some have said it does, some have problems even using iTunes, there are many threads concerning this. It looks like I have a problem, whether it's with MM or the Pioneer, we don't know and for now we won't know because I'm not going to import 30,000 songs and 100 playlists to see if using iTunes will solve the problem; I don't use the vehicle the Pioneer is in that much and I'm not going to maintain two separate libraries.

As for using the iPod interface, it's not any easier using it than the iPod itself. Both require navigating to whatever you want to listen to and both have volume controls. I would contend it's easier to use the iPod than trying to use the Pioneer's screen when driving. It all comes down to what each of us prefers. I prefer not to use iTunes, it is weak and I only use it to back up and sync pictures to my phone, and therefore I know I will have to deal with other inconveniences.

As for why I think it's the Pioneer, I've mentioned twice that I have been successful before using MM to sync and the iPod has worked with the Pioneer, but only with a small bit of media. Therefore, since it doesn't work now with a large amount of media, it makes me wonder if it can handle that many tracks and playlists. I don't know because there isn't anything in the manual that says so.

Again, thank you for your advice and I'm glad your iPod works.

I'm not sure why you are so angry with me

dont worry, i'm not angry at all because at the end of the day...

I'm glad your iPod works.

this is true and all that really matters.

as long as your happy with how it works, then cool beans.

I dont know what threads your referring to that indicate problems with the iPod but to my knowledge (and I would know) there is no consistent issue with the iPod and these units. I do know of several threads on this forum over the last several years that do indicate a consistent issue with MM in that problems are caused of what you are describing. And as stated before, just because you don't see a problem with one device doesn't mean your not going to see an issue with another. See this is why people like 1Loudls and I are on this forum. We have been around long enough to know the answers when someone like you has a question and many of us have done the troubleshooting specifically to address many of the issues people run into. It is also particularly frustrating when you post a thread asking for help, someone gives you the answer to solve your problem, then you state that you are not satisfied with the answer. If that was going to be the case then why in the hell did you even bother in the first place. If you are not going to accept the solution we have given you which is the solution to your problem, then please cease to post threads on this forum.

I dont know what threads your referring to that indicate problems with the iPod but to my knowledge (and I would know) there is no consistent issue with the iPod and these units. I do know of several threads on this forum over the last several years that do indicate a consistent issue with MM in that problems are caused of what you are describing. And as stated before, just because you don't see a problem with one device doesn't mean your not going to see an issue with another. See this is why people like 1Loudls and I are on this forum. We have been around long enough to know the answers when someone like you has a question and many of us have done the troubleshooting specifically to address many of the issues people run into. It is also particularly frustrating when you post a thread asking for help, someone gives you the answer to solve your problem, then you state that you are not satisfied with the answer. If that was going to be the case then why in the hell did you even bother in the first place. If you are not going to accept the solution we have given you which is the solution to your problem, then please cease to post threads on this forum.

With all due respect, you did not solve my problem, you offered an alternative, use iTunes. A solution would be "If you do x, y, or z, you will be able to sync your iPod with Media Monkey and it will work fine with the Pioneer". What you suggested is like me telling you my car won't start (using Media Monkey) and you telling me to get another one (iTunes) instead of fixing the problem.

However, because of your expertise and others', I found that I have a Media Monkey problem, with no apparent solution, and I have two options; use iTunes or the AV2 input. There's my answer and that's why I came to this forum. No, I don't like it, but that's the way it is, right? You shouldn't be offended because I choose not to use iTunes to sync, I would hope you would be happy I got help and I don't have to spend any more time on this.

Again, thank you all for the help.

I am glad you now understand. And yes, that is the way it is and I have no other solution for you. Something with MM is causing the issue. Keep in mind, MM is not suppose to work at all as far as Apple is concerned. So there is likely a bug in MM that causes this issue and I don't have a solution for you other then to not use MM if you want the issue to go away.

He as did I and everyone else in here gave you a solution to your problem.... You dont like the solution you have been given to your problem, because it doesnt fit your system. We all like 3rd party stuff but at times it doesnt all work together... You have two clear options and you know both of them, use it as av2 and have to use the actual click wheel which is prob not the safest solution, or take the time even though its a pain in the ass and re organize your playlists in iTunes. Id move to iTunes and then do the icloud for your iphone because there is no way you are getting all 17k songs on there right now but if you pay 25$ a year you will be able to. To me this is a win win

there is no way you are getting all 17k songs on there right now but if you pay 25$ a year you will be able to.
he doesn't need to get all 17k songs on his iphone, he has a ipod classic which means that he should have either a 120gb or a 160gb (i thought the 80gb were before they where called classics but not 100%) which is plenty of space with the right compression.

he doesn't need to get all 17k songs on his iphone, he has a ipod classic which means that he should have either a 120gb or a 160gb (i thought the 80gb were before they where called classics but not 100%) which is plenty of space with the right compression.

You got it correct, this is all about the 160 gb iPod, the phone works fine. I think we can close this subject because I understand the issue is probably with Media Monkey and will deal accordingly. Thank you all for your help.

It's also quite possible that Media Monkey's latest version will work, as the developers have been working toward getting MM to work with Apple products again since iOS 5 came out.

I would email MM and explain what you have found in this case. They may issue a patch to fix it.

correct, the software companies need to get a certian amount of people complaining about certian glitches before they will start working on patches.

Hi every body,

I just got a new car the day before and it has a kickass Rockford Fostgate system. Unfortunately my Ipod classic played one tune and then stopped playing songs. I looked on the net for some answers and I am glad I found this thread. I will reset my Ipod using Itunes overnight and let you know how it turns out.

Hi every body,

I just got a new car the day before and it has a kickass Rockford Fostgate system. Unfortunately my Ipod classic played one tune and then stopped playing songs. I looked on the net for some answers and I am glad I found this thread. I will reset my Ipod using Itunes overnight and let you know how it turns out.

I am very glad to report that the fix worked! I can now listen to my 19k songs on mynRockford Fosgate system. Needless to say that I am very happy about this! Thank you for your help.