AVIC411.com

Z1 Freezes at Pioneer Start up Menu

I got it 5 months ago. At the time 1800 with no tax was a good deal. Even now I hardly see them selling for less than that. So why would the harddrive just go out all of a sudden? I read some people sayin it is a heat issue? I have a G35 i'm thinking it has something to do with not getting enough ventillation in the back? I used to have the unit in my other car which was an Altima and never had a problem in there.

• 2 weeks later...
I got it 5 months ago. At the time 1800 with no tax was a good deal. Even now I hardly see them selling for less than that. So why would the harddrive just go out all of a sudden? I read some people sayin it is a heat issue? I have a G35 i'm thinking it has something to do with not getting enough ventillation in the back? I used to have the unit in my other car which was an Altima and never had a problem in there.

If you go back and read a lot of my posts, this has been my biggest problem with the Z-1. To be honest, I don't know what it is, heat, hard drive, etc. What I DO know is that during times when it is not really hot or cold, it works. When it gets really cold or really hot, it exhibits the same problem you're having. So, I can only assume that this is a temperature related issue. Maybe there is a circuit built onto the main board that inhibits the Z-1 from starting. Maybe on some, the hard drive platter has a little more "slop", I dunno.