AVIC411.com

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out how to get any video from my iPod touch to my HU. What program/app do I need. Are there options I need to change on my iPod or on the HU. I should be able to use netflix while I have wifi service? I going to upgrade to an iPhone shortly but I would like to figure this out. I have a netflix account could someone run through the steps for me so I can see if I have everything set up correctly. The stereo is in a 2011 WRX. The iPod is a first gen. The cable is a 51V.

The best way is to have a jailbroken ipod touch or iphone and install and run displayout from Cydia. It will allow apps that don't do video out natively to display on the HU screen but without touch functionality. Basically it will mirror what is on your ipod/iphone and will allow to scale and resize. You will still have the side bar of icons that prompt options for EQ, sources etc so its not true full screen. Another annoyance is the pixel density is pretty crumby so it won't be anywhere near as good a quality as the iphone screen. Good thing about it is it rotates the screen with the accelerometer as well or you can lock it in a certain position.