AVIC411.com

Hey all. New to AVIC but pretty savvy with tech.

So of course I bought this from a friend aftermarket. He installed it. Worked fine on the way home. Then when i went back out to the garage to customize it. The unit did the boot up, 10 seconds of splash screen, then A blank screen forever with no reboot but fan works with no lights on the buttons.

I think. no prob, I'll update to the 2.09 version (the latest US version) The update installs fine, has no errors, but when it starts up I get the splash screen forever. I decide to hit the menu button, hey look! the top menu is there. Here's where it gets fun

I hit destination..... I get the warning screen for about a minute then it reboots.

If I leave it alone... Reboot after a minute

Hit the Contacts option...No contacts saved

hit the AV source.... nothing

hit the settings. ....No love on the nav or av sttins icons but, when I I hit the service info and it says "Map version 0.00000" and OS version" 2.009" Ok so where did my maps go????

i tried to go back to the 2.008 version and got a "My Flash blahhhhh folder size" error. I know about the my flash deal but i just want to go back to the factory default 1.00000 version.

So What i cant find is the proper factory reset directions. I dont feel i should have to disconnect the battery to accomplish this. Can anyone give me the info so I can just reinstall the 2.0008 OS? or a way to uninstall the worthless 2.009 version? Thanks much...

Thanks. Just a couple follow ups.

1. 2.009 wont reinstall. Tried it. Should i attempt the non US 3.0 update? Am I risking a brick by doing it?

2. How do i get from, 0.0000 map version to at least 1.0000 map version? Obviosly the 2.09 update includes no maps. I see no update soley for maps.

3.0 is a map upgrade and for the most part you are pretty much at a brick stage anyway. I say give it a shot. Non US however will install non US maps. look over the hacks and mods section of this forum for solutions to your problem.

The good news is you'll be able to fix this. The data on the unit is currupt. You can prob by hitting menu then AV sources then FM get the radio to play, it will stay on for about 2.5 mins playing audio then reboot. Download test mode and someone's copy of "my flash disk" load into unit and install files. I would just do 3.0 it's the safest and most reliable. If you can't find files go to my thread that says torrent full of Avic F files download it and inside is testmode and 3.0 backup, use those. Make sure you place everything on a freshly formatted SD card in the root of it. Go into explorer once you are in testmode go to SD card open 3.0 myflashdisk highlight then edit copy. Then blackout go to MY FlASH DISK in explorer by double clicking. Then click edit paste. Yes replace all. Should take about 20 mins even though it may say longer at times.

Good luck

Ok so I Formatted my 8gb sd card, downloaded the tail24's torrent. I let it seed I think. It just did it automatically with utorrent.... Then I moved the following folders to the root of the card.

2.0 f700 backup

SDMLC Files

Testmode v2.3

updates

wince copies

Does this look right? Any other items I need to bring to the root? Any of these I dont need? I just want to make sure before I pop it in the unit. And then after this I still need to download and update the bluetooth? Thanks much.

Should it look like this?

2.0 f700 backup

SDMLC Files

Testmode v2.3

updates

wince copies

WINCEIMG.BIM

WINCEIMG.CKS

I'm guessing that the card will automatically load the WINCEIMG files then once I am into the testmode I will navigate into the folders on the card to complete the update?

No!!!! Just go to testmode2.3 put the folder from inside it on rout of SD card along with the files with in 3.0 update from that folder. Put SD card in aviv let it start it should load into test mode (windows) go to explorer >SD>3.0 then hit edit select all edit copy. In a new explorer window (start > explorer) double click on "my flash disk" once that opens hit edit paste. Error message comes up about room click ok. If it asks to replace file click yes all. Should take like 15-20 mins even though may say longer to copy files. Once done shut down car eject SD card and then restart car. See how that goes.

Thanks for your patience :)

I was able to get the os back to 2.0 with the rest/eject/menu/map/code deal. 1st try!

I got the proper testmode folder onto the root of the sd card and was able to get into Windows CE.

Now I just need to find the 3.0 update in the torrent I DL'd.. I cant seem to locate it. Is it just the 2 WINCE files in the folder "From 3.0"?