AVIC411.com

AVH-P3300BT Remote Turn On Wire Issue

While finalizing the install of my AVH-P3300BT I have run into an issue with my blue/white - remote turn on wire. I am wiring in a bypass and the remote turn on wire is not sending enough juice to the relay to switch over. If I toss the yellow 12v wire up to the relay instead of the remote turn on wire, it flips over no issue. So I know the relay is not the problem.

Did I miss the memo and there is a menu location to make the remote turn on wire function?

Let me know if I am doing something terribly wrong, or if I need to drink beer before attempting this next time because I'm pretty stumped now...

Correction, after futher testing, my unit does not put ANY signal out of the remote turn on wire.

Very stumped as to how to enable this bypass without using the remote wire, it looks like the only option may be a switch. Has anyone else completed the bypass with a relay not using the remote turn on wire?

I just reread your post and rewrote my answer.

first try to pull the 12v power off your cars 12v acc signal. That is "on" when the cars ignition is on just as the HU is.

My bypass is on a relay that also powers other things. that would be overkill for this application

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I am pulling the signal from the ACC line it will come on at roughly the same time as the HU, which won't properly trick the HU. From my understanding it has to flip the relay after the HU turns on (case in point of the remote turn on wire sending a signal after HU gets power).

Another thought was using the ACC line on a time delayed 12v relay but most that I can find are an off delay instead of an on delay...

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I am pulling the signal from the ACC line it will come on at roughly the same time as the HU, which won't properly trick the HU. From my understanding it has to flip the relay after the HU turns on (case in point of the remote turn on wire sending a signal after HU gets power).

Another thought was using the ACC line on a time delayed 12v relay but most that I can find are an off delay instead of an on delay...

First, the fact your remote turn on wire is not functioning is where I would have returned the HU for one that does work. But as I said, with the lack of a remote turn on wire I would simply try the acc 12v as it is delayed for engine starting etc. Depending on your bypass mod it should work since the delay and pulse is the responsibility of the bypass itself.

The other option is a PAC TR7 that is programmable, but that is $30 and more work that you may not need.

What did you use to "look" at the voltage on the B/W remote turn on wire. That only sees about 300mA so if your meter was not set correctly it could look like it is not working.