AVIC411.com

What are your suggestions for app improvements?

What I'd like to do is start a thread that (hopefully) Pioneer can use to make improvements to the apps on the A.R. I don't want to turn this into a bitch-fest, but helpful suggestions. Anyone up for it?

I'll start; Car Media Player.

First, a little background; I'm a single guy. It would be nice to do very little when I get in the car with my date to start playing music. Plug in the phone, hit a button and hear the music. Is this a tough process to design? As it is now, my date will think I'm some geek playing with his toys - OK, that's a bit true, but I have to look smooth, right?

• It would be nice if this app started at the 'play' screen instead of the list of songs. I like to plug it in and play, not have to hit a button to get to the screen that has the Play button. Plus, once I see the list of songs, I have to wait a few seconds before I'm able to hit the play button in the upper left-hand corner, so I need to sit there and wait - more.
  • Another one: If I hit the power button on the phone to turn off the screen, the music stops. Really?!
  • One more: if I unplug the phone while the music is playing, the music switches to the phone speaker at full blast for a few seconds, then it goes quieter but still plays. Since the phone knows when the cable is unplugged, it would be nice to stop playing the music.
  • One last one: it would be great if the app used a finger swipe to move between the next or last song. Right now all I can do is tap the << or >> buttons. Since they make a big deal about the capacitive screen, why not leverage it to its fullest extent?

The fact that we can't turn off the iphone screen while working on appradio is a bit wrong.

we need less safety advises...from appradio starting to iphone validate "yes / no"....if we accept "ok" at first, 90% of chances to use the iphone apps on appradio...

the bluetooth icon...not smoothy screen....the only fact to have the "phone" icon "greyed" or "colored" would be enough...why ?

the unavalaibilty to choose videos from iphone the same way as mp3 is crazy !!!!!

improving rds radio information

for the apps, for me it's "enough" and it will be years after years more bigger choice.

what's miss a lot, is the gps software function integrated directly to the appradio ( with sound...) the same way Sshery did it....

yes finally only gps "native" software and mp3 possibility using the sd card...would be enough.

maybe an innovative app.... iphone facetime with appradio screen :c) ( but display out can do this...)

and something really important...the dock or a support iphone base frame to use the connectivity in a more stabil way, instead of "working" "twisting" the appradio plug wire...

the double din asteroid parrot is more standard....( classic usb iphone cord wire....and even mini hdmi available !!! so that if broken, you go to the shopping center, and buy a classic usb wire...that's a problem with appradio !!! we don't have any official way to look for appradio connecting wire !! )

Just thought of another; the keyboard. When I get the message telling me I can't use the AppRadio screen for the keyboard, I have to grab my phone and use its keyboard. Why?! I should be able to perform every action on the AppRadio screen that I can with the phone. I can understand the 'Can't view video when the car is in motion' message, but other then that, let's have the same functionality...

Just thought of another; the keyboard. When I get the message telling me I can't use the AppRadio screen for the keyboard, I have to grab my phone and use its keyboard. Why?! I should be able to perform every action on the AppRadio screen that I can with the phone. I can understand the 'Can't view video when the car is in motion' message, but other then that, let's have the same functionality...

I will second that!

On the Android front I'd love to be able to still use our voice search app. I use this all the time to send texts and call people hands free. Would be nice if that was an app that could be used within the appradio system.

If not that then Pioneer needs to create some app that will read out text messages when they are received. Something similar to the MotoSpeak app would be awesome. Right now all you get is the text message received notification which prompts you to pick up your phone and look at it. A mirror of the MotoSpeak app would be perfect, it tells you that a text has been received then asks you if you'd like to respond or ignore. Simple and works great!

I hope you're listening Pioneer! ;o)

The map software is another poor design. The To: and From: text boxes take too much space on the screen, and you can't remove them if you just want to see the satellite image. It would also be good to remember the layers - I only want the satellite images and want the screen to center on me. Any time you touch the screen, you have to reset these options.

In the first hour of using my ap2 with a Galaxy Nexus. I already have a few suggestions...

Enough with the safety warning already! How many times do I have to see warnings?

The phone screen staying on all the time is a major distraction. As is being forced to go to the phone to press something.

Being forced to use the crappy keyboard they tell you to install. I am starting to feel like I am ruining my phone taking off apps I love for ones that frankly suck but work with the deck.

Put out the SDK already so I can contact every single developer that I like and beg them to make their apps compatible.

Some form of music ability without having your phone plugged in all the time. Whether is USB stick compatible or Bluetooth audio. I am not inclined to have to plug my phone in all the time... The USB already can see a stick with firmware files so I don't imagine its difficult to let it see mp3's.

Oh yeah, that keyboard! I've gotten very good at Swype and don't need to load another one. A keyboard is a keyboard. Why do I *only* need Pioneer's?

I am trying to use tasker to setup the phone to be Pioneer friendly, then when I leave the truck it automatically goes back to what I want. It helps, at least until someone cracks the Android app or creates a new one....

I am trying to use tasker to setup the phone to be Pioneer friendly, then when I leave the truck it automatically goes back to what I want. It helps, at least until someone cracks the Android app or creates a new one....

Tasker combined with Secure Settings and Rotation Locker works well for me. I have it automatically set the keyboard to carkeyboard and then back to SwiftkeyX after I unplug it.

1. Bluetooth phone screen: numbers and icons for touch inputs are too small, needs a lot of hand-eye coordination to do it right, cause too much extraction from road.

2. Second to the previous post: Hire Mike Decaro!!! at least as a consultant. Your programers can use some enlightenments.