AVIC411.com

Android, iPad and HU monitor

After hours trying to get the 140 to do more than play music, I attempted to try and run in app mode. I had no luck getting the android phone to go into app mode except that it wanted to play my music. I am trying to find a way to use a better nav program other than what is in the box, because so many streets are not marked (unless I actually put in a destination. I then downloaded app radio etc on the iPad and it successfully connected. I then ran Inrix and was amazed at the poor resolution on the screen of the nav. Very little could be read once the image was zoomed in at a reasonable level. Can anyone: recommend a nav app that will run on iPad and show up on the screen or one that will run on android that gives good results? One would think after spending big bucks, I wouldn't have to go on this hunt. But here I am.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but I'm new at this. Are you saying that you can run an app on your ipad or android device and that it displays on the screen of the nav? I would love to mirror/operate my Droid RAZR through my 7" nav screen but the only thing I could find was something called www.Customgadz.com. The only problem is that they don't really give too many details about whether it would work in my case. I've got to do more research on the matter but was curious because of your post if you are somehow able to do this...

I've mentioned this on a few threads: if you have a jailbroken ipad/iphone try displayout from the cydia store. It allows to output everything from the iphone/ipad to the screen. Then you can use tomtom, garmin, navigon etc on the pioneers screen. This will only display it on the head unit, but it wont allow for touch screen function. hope that helps