AVIC411.com

Z140 Signal Booster

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem until I figured the blue wire needs to be connected to the wire harness. The blue wire was labeled "Power Antenna" and I figured I didn't have a power antenna that goes up and down; so I didn't connect it. Well after connection the HD radio works great. Not pleased with the minor static with the AM radio (sports talk). So I use the Espn radio app.

Does anyone know of a signal booster that works with AVIC units. It would have to work or be compatible with the traffic tuner? My FM reception is terrible and I have tried everything. I'm open for any suggestion. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a signal booster that works with AVIC units. It would have to work or be compatible with the traffic tuner? My FM reception is terrible and I have tried everything. I'm open for any suggestion. Thanks.

I've tested more than my share of boosters in the past. To a one, they boost everything - which means the noise gets boosted too (in other words - they do not work).

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem until I figured the blue wire needs to be connected to the wire harness. The blue wire was labeled "Power Antenna" and I figured I didn't have a power antenna that goes up and down; so I didn't connect it. Well after connection the HD radio works great. Not pleased with the minor static with the AM radio (sports talk). So I use the Espn radio app.

ChasKelly, to which wire in the harness did you connect the blue wire? I have the same reception issues and also no power antenna in the car.

I believe the people who are having an issue with the "power antena wire" are the ones that have the new style antenas that are very small and have a built in signal amp, pretty sure the blue wire needs to be connected to the signal amp fixing the static issue....Im having my traffic tuner removed today so hopefully that helps recover some of my signal....