AVIC411.com

Getting new apps compatible with AR2.

This is a two fold question. How does an app developer go about making their apps compatible with this head unit? Is there some form of process they need to go through to do it?

Assuming there is a reasonable answer to the first question is there any efforts being made to contact developers to try to get their apps added? There is so much potential with this device but only having access to 4 apps that I would normally never use (I use android) is rather depressing... A group effort to try to get as many developers on board would be a great boon to everyone.

Seem to recall reading that a developer needs to add some code that the AppRadio will read to make it work through the screen, so we probably need to send some emails to the developers to work with Pioneer to get the right code in the app. God, I hope google will work with them to get Latitude to work, and all the phone companies to do the same - these Pioneer apps suck!

• 4 weeks later...

My thought is that Pioneer didn't communicate with the public regarding their "safety setting" so no one knew what they were up to. Keep in mind, they just released the 'Droid-compatible AR2 just a few months ago and were pretty hush-hush to the public about it, except that it was "coming soon"...