AVIC411.com

Really need help with "fatal application error message".

Hey Im new to these forums. I recently bought a used avic f700bt and had everything hooked up and working properly in my Toyota celica until I realized I couldn't access the settings so I unhooked everything and found a loose wire (the e-brake wire). I was told to that it needs to be plugged into a red socket so I found an open one next to my e-brake so i did that and everything was working fine. I could access the settings and then I reset the ecu in my car (to disable CEL) and when I turned it back on an error message came up saying "Application ezrider has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". I tried calling the company and had no luck. I don't have the original CD that came with it either. It seems like a good unit, I just replaced a double din BOSS unit for this one and would hate to see this one go. Please help me.

post-65121-0-38102600-1338415162_thumb.jpg

Put the wire you moved back in its original spot.

I tried that I unhooked it (the e-brake wire) and restarted it and still get the same message every time. I tried holding the reset button for 5 seconds pulled all fuses both for the radio and the one on the radio and nothing has worked.