AVIC411.com

Really need help with "fatal application error message".

go to this thread ; http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34050-torrent-full-of-avic-f-files/ download the zip with a torrent file with in it. Use a torrent downloader (Azerus Vuze, Utorrent, Bittorrent, ect) to download the larger torrent to your computer (its 8.4 gb and should take much of the rest of the evening to download). Once these files have been downloaded

1. Format an SD card that is at least 2 gb big.

2. Unzip the file you have downloaded

3. Locate the File Testmode V 2.3. Open folder Copy the folder within entitled "testmode"

4. Paste that file into the root level of your SD card

5. Locate folder "My Flashdisk Back up" Open it then Open the folder 2.0 f700 Copy this folder

6. Paste that file/folder into Root level of your SD card along with "test mode"

7. Eject SD card and head to car

8. Put SD card in avic and turn it on

9. wait for avic to load into test mode (likes like windows 95 its called WindowsCE)

10. Click Start > Programs> Windows Explorer

11. Double Click SD card > Double Click f700 up top click edit>select all then Edit>Copy

12. Click Start > Programs > Windows Explorer (again) to open a second finder window

13. Double Click "My Flash Disk" that looks like a grey little icon

14. you will see a bunch of folders and icons it should look similar to when you opened F700 folder from SD card Click uptop Edit Paste

15. If you are given an error message about not enough room ignore or x it out ( i forget the exact step)

16. If asked if you want to replace file, select YES ALL

17. You will see that its gonna take upto 2 hrs but in reality it takes about 15 minutes to replace all files.

18. Once its finished turn off our car

19. eject SD card

20. Turn on Car hopefully at this point it loads perfectly like its a new avic... this may take a few momments and in initial menu it will say please wait system start up in process.

21. If its stuck in loop mode put SD card back in and re enter test mode go back to "My Flash Disk" delete all the files that say "gpspara(number).bin

If this doesnt work you need further help which is doable in most cases but its more indepth. This at least will give you a basic understanding of how to navigate inside WinCe

go to this thread ; http://avic411.com/i...f-avic-f-files/ download the zip with a torrent file with in it. Use a torrent downloader (Azerus Vuze, Utorrent, Bittorrent, ect) to download the larger torrent to your computer (its 8.4 gb and should take much of the rest of the evening to download). Once these files have been downloaded

1. Format an SD card that is at least 2 gb big.

2. Unzip the file you have downloaded

3. Locate the File Testmode V 2.3. Open folder Copy the folder within entitled "testmode"

4. Paste that file into the root level of your SD card

5. Locate folder "My Flashdisk Back up" Open it then Open the folder 2.0 f700 Copy this folder

6. Paste that file/folder into Root level of your SD card along with "test mode"

7. Eject SD card and head to car

8. Put SD card in avic and turn it on

9. wait for avic to load into test mode (likes like windows 95 its called WindowsCE)

10. Click Start > Programs> Windows Explorer

11. Double Click SD card > Double Click f700 up top click edit>select all then Edit>Copy

12. Click Start > Programs > Windows Explorer (again) to open a second finder window

13. Double Click "My Flash Disk" that looks like a grey little icon

14. you will see a bunch of folders and icons it should look similar to when you opened F700 folder from SD card Click uptop Edit Paste

15. If you are given an error message about not enough room ignore or x it out ( i forget the exact step)

16. If asked if you want to replace file, select YES ALL

17. You will see that its gonna take upto 2 hrs but in reality it takes about 15 minutes to replace all files.

18. Once its finished turn off our car

19. eject SD card

20. Turn on Car hopefully at this point it loads perfectly like its a new avic... this may take a few momments and in initial menu it will say please wait system start up in process.

21. If its stuck in loop mode put SD card back in and re enter test mode go back to "My Flash Disk" delete all the files that say "gpspara(number).bin

If this doesnt work you need further help which is doable in most cases but its more indepth. This at least will give you a basic understanding of how to navigate inside WinCe

& do you think I should do this with the e brake and mute wire un connected?

Okay.. thanks again for the help

i am always a fan of having things connected as the should... or at least grounded properly.

Hey so I did everything and it finally works again! Everything was very simple to do and Im no longer having the message come up. Thanks a lot!