AVIC411.com

AUX Input

I just received one of the last batches of Z1's and am going to install it in my '07 STI limited this Monday. I have a quick question.

In the STI there is an aux jack built into where the ash tray would be. I am going to cut the wires on the back and solder a set of RCA cables to the Cars aux jack. My question is as followed:

Am I right in thinking that I attach the newly soldered RCA cables to the Z1s Audio input cables? Will I be able to use this to plug my aux inputs into the jack and listen while driving (the Z1 will not be in bypass mode)?

I wont have anything connected to the Z1's "video in" cable and I wasn't sure if I can still listen to the aux input while driving because I might not ground the wires to by pass the parking break setup.

Thanks!

David

You would want to run them to the A/V input RCA jacks. No worries about not using the video portion of the A/V input, you will just have a blank screen, but you can always swith to the nav and at least look at the map. Don't forget that you will have to go into the menu and turn on the A/V input of the Z1 before your setup will work

You would want to run them to the A/V input RCA jacks. No worries about not using the video portion of the A/V input, you will just have a blank screen, but you can always switch to the nav and at least look at the map. Don't forget that you will have to go into the menu and turn on the A/V input of the Z1 before your setup will work

And this will still work while driving if the system isnt in bypass mode (grounded)?

Thanks!

David