AVIC411.com

Z140 much easier bypass, doesnt need mute wire

I dont take credit for this found it on youtube. The only thing to add is I could only fit about 3 strands of wire through the little hole in the harness but it worked great. This was awesome for me since I need the mute function for my ford sync.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt try that... its just the wrong way to do it..... Its like fixing fuses in the car by wrapping tin foil around them... on a $800+ unit?, Its like driving around on a doughnut spare tire in a supercar. You can buy an extra pin on microbypass's website so you don't have to molest the harness.

matty - you say the microbypass kit comes with an extra pin. is that my problem: that i need another pin? i posted in another thread, but maybe you're the guy to ask.

i've got a ford f150 w/ sync and am installing the Z140. the parking brake bypass (using an extra wire, not moving the mute wire) worked fine until i used the mute wire for sync retention. as soon as i hooked up the mute wire for the sync i lost the parking brake bypass. why? did i screw something up?

any help would be appreciated. that goes to other board bros too ;)