AVIC411.com

What will happen to Google Maps on App Radio with iOS6 Coming Out ?

As everybody has probably heard by now IOS6 coming this Fall gets rid of Google Maps ..

The Big question now is Where Does Pioneer go with this ?

Will they integrate the new Apple Maps into Appradio 1 & 2 .......

Also will the New Apple Iphone 5 be compatible with the Appradio's ?

I just can say that pioneer France facebook admin page is totally quiet since 3 weeks...

if google maps works, seems to be great....but google maps run via data transfert...if you go abroad, that would cost too much to use it...so have to keep a "standalone" solution in iphone, without using data...

unless i didn't understand all the new ios

for me, the great thing to do, is to have a basemap in the iphone, that can be updated when data connection available...and if we decided to let it make it available...

imagine you cross the sahara, nevada, desert....

even if there is a "paid" version, sure it would be less expensive as navgate drive ( i hope )

( does navgate drive use the help of gps appradio antena by the way...??? )

we have to consider all that...

Are you forgetting that the iPhone has a GPS receiver. No cell data or very little is used while navigating with iOS for position.

yes VBLUE, you're right about the integrated gps in iphone !!! but maps "native" fonction here in europe, run with data...if no coverage , no maps,; unless i don't know how to use it ( that could be possible that i don't know , really )

i france someone has tried the IOS6 with maps...nothing really extra....hope he's wrong...

For those aching to know...... I just installed my AppRadio 2 with the switch for the bypass. I thought the TR7 bypass was a bit much for my liking. But anyways, I wanted to let you know that not only does maps from iOS 6 work, but it actually displays the same data you would see from the Apple Maps application. It is wicked smooth, and I dare say that iOS 6 makes the whole unit flow more smoothly. I played with one at a Best Buy prior to my upgrade to iOS 6, and it lagged. But applying the recent update to the AppRadio 2, and iOS 6 work very well. And its fully functional too for all other features. As new updates come out, I will do my best to keep everyone updated.

You have the beta iOS6 right? So you're saying the new Maps navi app works flawlessly with the AR2?

100% correct! At first I only had a blue dot and thought, damn! the new maps wasnt going to work. Did a hard reset on the phone and then voila! Everything works. I have to say its pretty awesome to see iOS 6 maps on the AppRadio 2. My only wish for a future firmware update is deeper EQ control from the device.

So I have been playing with the AppRadio 2 for about 24 hours, and here are some of the things I have noticed. All most likely due to the AppRadio app needing an update. Sometimes it will take quitting and reopening the app to get a connection, no need to unplug. NavFree needs an update as I get no touch screen controls when I launch it, and it always comes up in a different spot. Inrix got an update today that fixed the touch options there, yay! Certain apps do not work when jumping to another app. I.E. I have the iRadar, and when I bring that app up, if I am in one on the unit, the screen goes black. the only real inconvenience is seeing I needed to quit and relaunch the AppRadio app a few times.