AVIC411.com

Please help unit is muting itself and now stays on mute constantly.

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I did not see a section for the new P series. I have a AVH-P4400BH and it's been installed for two days worked fine yesterday. Tonight on my drive home while listening to music via iPhone thru Bluetooth the unit starts to randomly mute itself??? It would show the icon while doing this too. As I get closer to home (15-20 minutes) it is now staying on mute?? Does not change when I manually press the mute button either. Pioneer is closed for the weekend and the store online I purchased from is closed too but I was hoping someone on here would have some suggestions before I talk with them on Monday. Keep in mind this unit has been played maybe an hour max since the install on Wed. night. Thanks for any help or suggestions. There isn't much info out on these yet that I can find.

I done the install as I have done all my installs and my family/friends I'm not a professional but have been doing them for 12 years. This was a pretty straight forward install with the ford Lincoln aftermarket radio harness with the upgraded Mach system harness. It was installed in a 03 mustang cobra.

It has a mute wire but it is not wired to anything. I pulled the radio out today and taped the end if it along with the rear view camera wire. The radio worked fine the 10-15 minutes I played it. Maybe the mute wire was touching some metal that was causing it to mute? Is that possible?