AVIC411.com

The best way I have figured out is to use tasker.

Non root: Set up a tasker task that switches "input method select", you still have to manually press which of the keyboards you want, the tasker exit task does it again and you press the other keyboard. Android doesn't allow 3rd party apps to make those type of changes without the user being involved.

Rooted: Same thing,with tasker but this time use a tasker plugin called Secure Settings that makes the keyboard change for you automatically. Again when you exit use secure settings to put the normal keyboard back on. Works awesome!

The best way I have figured out is to use tasker.

Non root: Set up a tasker task that switches "input method select", you still have to manually press which of the keyboards you want, the tasker exit task does it again and you press the other keyboard. Android doesn't allow 3rd party apps to make those type of changes without the user being involved.

Rooted: Same thing,with tasker but this time use a tasker plugin called Secure Settings that makes the keyboard change for you automatically. Again when you exit use secure settings to put the normal keyboard back on. Works awesome!

Ah great! thanks for the help!
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh and one more quick tip for an easy solution to the keyboard problem. I came across this stupidly simple app while browsing it let's you switch between one keyboard for portrait mode and one keyboard for landscape mode. And since the AP2 automatically puts your phone in landscape mode it's the perfect simple solution. https://play.google....21MYXVuY2hlciJd

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using this when I finally got my MHL cable on Friday and couldn't get it to work. I enabled it, set up Swype as my portrait keyboard and CarKeyboard as my landscape one. But when I opened AppRadio I still got the same message about "Enabling the default input method", and it won't go to the "Insert MHL Cable" screen after getting a bluetooth connection, it stayed on "Waiting for bluetooth" (picture).

I tried using this when I finally got my MHL cable on Friday and couldn't get it to work. I enabled it, set up Swype as my portrait keyboard and CarKeyboard as my landscape one. But when I opened AppRadio I still got the same message about "Enabling the default input method", and it won't go to the "Insert MHL Cable" screen after getting a bluetooth connection, it stayed on "Waiting for bluetooth" (picture).

What phone are you using? I'm on a Galaxy Nexus and have had zero issues with it.

Galaxy Nexus, it might have still worked but as I said it still came up with that message about not being the right keyboard...I'll try it again, I read alot of ebooks and usually have my phone locked in portrait. I'm not sure if that is how it was when I tested it. The AppRadio still forces the phone into landscape but that may have been the problem.

Galaxy Nexus, it might have still worked but as I said it still came up with that message about not being the right keyboard...I'll try it again, I read alot of ebooks and usually have my phone locked in portrait. I'm not sure if that is how it was when I tested it. The AppRadio still forces the phone into landscape but that may have been the problem.

Oh yea it sounds like that could be the issue I don't have anything locked or screen orientation changed and it works flawlessly.

No, reason to lock my phone in portrait anymore after FINALLY receiving my Nexus 7 :)

edit: Kind of disappointed now though, after realizing the Nexus 7 doesn't support MHL...I wanted to check out the Jelly Bean bugs you mentioned.

Congrats on the N7 yea kinda sucks on the MHL and Pioneer really needs a JB update asap!