AVIC411.com

Andriod Update 4.0.4 Appradio2 rendered useless

Edit: I failed to mention I am using a Motorola Droid Razr. The OS now says 4.0.4

OK so not that my app radio ever worked well, but last night my phone did a mandatory update to its os.. Version 4.0.4.. Now my app radio 2 doesn't work at all. Bluetooth will not connect, constantly says "pairing request" in my notifacation bar, but before I can get to it, it dissapears. I've deleted the phone from memory, deleted app radio from phone memory, uninstalled/ reinstalled app on phone. I can't get anything to work. I get no white dots anymore, and when the code displays on the phone to confirm with app radio, it's not the same. The pioneer says "0000" the phone says some 5 digit number that changes every time...

I was extremely dissapointed with this radio in the first place, it was always finiky, and Pioneer's lack of attention to anything that doesn't affect "iSomething" really urked me as well. If an iPhone hickups, there are updates within the hour. I've had this radio almost 2 months and not one update to make the Droid platform more stable, or any new apps anybody would care about.

This OS update last night turned My App Radio2 into a 600$ am/fm radio. Will Pioneer address this before they launch Next years App radio3???

After a lot of messing around, and having super quick fingers ( to hit the pairing button in status bar in under 2.3 seconds) you can occasionally get it to pair. However, EVERY time you get in the car it's as if you've never been paired before and have to go through this process ( major pain in the A**), no app will open without a connection failed error. Mirror mode still works, and you can operate your apps via the phone but who bought an app radio to have no control over your apps?? No help from Pioneer, No updates, patches or even acknowledgement, they act as I'm the only person they have heard this from.... To be honest I'm going to see if my dealer will take this P.O.S back.. I will probably never buy another pioneer product after this experience. The radio and install cost me almost 800 bucks, It never worked well and had almost no apps I actually wanted, i could have bought 800$ worth of TP and wiped my a** for the next 2 years and it would have been a better investment than this hunk of Shi* ... If I were you, I'd do the same.. They don't care about anything that isn't "i" and if their support sucks this much when the radio just came out, in a year or 2 when this radio is a old model there will be no support. Get rid of it while you can..

None that I know of, but neither does Pioneer... They just say they do. The other companies don't put out product they know doesn't work, and trick people into spending their money with them, just to leave them high and dry. Do you know of / remember the whole "F" series blunder? I got duped on that one too.. They put out a P.O.S Navi system that took 1:20 seconds to turn on.. So you got in your car and had to wait that long to , put it in reverse and use your back up camera, program a destination, turn the volume down, etc. They came out with one update and cut the wake up time to a stunning 45 secs, and that was it.. Hundreds of us Pioneer loyalists bought these crap boxes and basiclly were told to go screw.. Next year, new model, new model number, some of the problems resovled.. Pioneer doesn't attempt to fix issues for people that have already spent their money, they just turn their back and come out with something new... It's frustrating to say the least. I don't want to screw my local retailer and force him to take it back. He didn't do anything wrong, his install was perfect, so at the very least I will only get the radio price back( not the install or parts). So what do I do? Calling Pioneer is fruitless. I'm checking everyday on PlayStore for updates to the App, and for almost a week now, I have a Am/Fm radio.. I'd be better off putting my stock radio back in, at least I'd have an Aux Input!!! Pioneer had a threesome, they Screwed the Pooch and me....

None that I know of, but neither does Pioneer... They just say they do. The other companies don't put out product they know doesn't work, and trick people into spending their money with them, just to leave them high and dry. Do you know of / remember the whole "F" series blunder? I got duped on that one too.. They put out a P.O.S Navi system that took 1:20 seconds to turn on.. So you got in your car and had to wait that long to , put it in reverse and use your back up camera, program a destination, turn the volume down, etc. They came out with one update and cut the wake up time to a stunning 45 secs, and that was it.. Hundreds of us Pioneer loyalists bought these crap boxes and basiclly were told to go screw.. Next year, new model, new model number, some of the problems resovled.. Pioneer doesn't attempt to fix issues for people that have already spent their money, they just turn their back and come out with something new... It's frustrating to say the least. I don't want to screw my local retailer and force him to take it back. He didn't do anything wrong, his install was perfect, so at the very least I will only get the radio price back( not the install or parts). So what do I do? Calling Pioneer is fruitless. I'm checking everyday on PlayStore for updates to the App, and for almost a week now, I have a Am/Fm radio.. I'd be better off putting my stock radio back in, at least I'd have an Aux Input!!! Pioneer had a threesome, they Screwed the Pooch and me....

Just for the record, I'm was/am not defending Pioneer.

My local installer turns his nose up at Kenwood now since they are combined with JVC, so it looks like the only company left is Alpine. It looks like the AppRadio 2 works for many, but not well enough to truly be a good product. It's a crap shoot. And then if it does work, what to do in 2 years when you get a new phone?

I've had the same problem of a company putting out crappy products and not caring with Metra. I will never buy from them again, either.

Just to be clear this is Motorola Droid Razr/Maxx 4.0.4 issue? Anyone having issues with a Galaxy Nexus on 4.0.4? My AppRadio2 just got here today, so before I even attempt installing it I'd at least consider returning it if there are any problems...The GN has been on 4.0.4 for a while now, so I'm assuming no one else has noticed any problems with it...

Can't honestly say about the Galaxy. We are both in the Driod family, With the Same OS version, so I can't see you NOT having problems. If you purchased it from a place that won't take it back once installed, do your research first.. The App radio is just about useless without a phone it works with.. Not even an Aux input or CD..

Just for the record, I'm was/am not defending Pioneer.

My local installer turns his nose up at Kenwood now since they are combined with JVC, so it looks like the only company left is Alpine. It looks like the AppRadio 2 works for many, but not well enough to truly be a good product. It's a crap shoot. And then if it does work, what to do in 2 years when you get a new phone?

I've had the same problem of a company putting out crappy products and not caring with Metra. I will never buy from them again, either.

Metra LMAO, according to them everything they make is perfect.. Except any of their color coded dash kits, which are spray painted with something about the right color. Ever use their antennas? Rubber gaskets? Naaa, Hard plastic ones that leak on every install. Scosche has them beat by far, it's harder to get your hands on but worth the effort.

From what I can tell, this is an Android ICS bug. Happens on my Galaxy S2 LTE and my Galaxy S3. The stupid Bluetooth pairing request comes up and you have to click OK within about 2 seconds or it disappears. I have one other Bluetooth device in my car where it prompts me to connect every time even though the pin is the same (1234) every time. The phone should automatically save that and it doesn't.

From what I can tell, this is an Android ICS bug. Happens on my Galaxy S2 LTE and my Galaxy S3. The stupid Bluetooth pairing request comes up and you have to click OK within about 2 seconds or it disappears. I have one other Bluetooth device in my car where it prompts me to connect every time even though the pin is the same (1234) every time. The phone should automatically save that and it doesn't.

Well that blows since my SGS3 is going to be here on Monday.

OK, so the app update did nothing.. However, I spoke to a very helpful Tech at Pioneer today who told me to try Un-installing the Pioneer app/ and reinstalling it.. I did it and it worked!!!! Once!!!! I paired it the first time and it worked beautifully, I got the white dots, and it paired, I even got the cool new splash screen movie that I've never seen before, with a Pioneer logo and music playing, it lasted about 20 secs.. I'd never seen this before. So I turned the car off, exited the app, started the car/ app and...... Nothing.. Exactly the same as before.... At this point I was like " S*it, so repeated the un-install/ re-install and it again worked Once... So the update didn't do much, but it does get it to work once. Pioneer said an update would "Probably be needed" when it comes available, done via the usb and a flash drive.... As to when, he doesn't know because he hadn't even heard an update had been issued for the Droid's... So thats what I got, maybe it will help you guys get it to work once.