AVIC411.com

AppRadio 2 Recall at BestBuy????

I just bought the AppRadio2 for a great price off Ebay but it did not have the power cord/ 16 pin adapter with it. So I went to BestBuy to pick one up and the service manager said that all the BestBuy's have pulled the App2 radios off the shelves for a major recal. Is it a problem with the android and head unit or iphone and head unit? So I couldn't buy the 16 pin power adapter there and had to order it off ebay for $6, but will be a few days to get here.

I will be using it with Android. I also bought the Android kit but after looking at it, it looks like just a really expensive mhl/hdmi cable and hard wired usb cable. Can't you just buy a mobile a-d type hdmi to mini cable and use your car usb charger and it work the same way for about $15 bucks instead of $95?

I was also going to upgrade my phone to the Motorola Razr Maxx, but it sound like it does not work with the radio even thought it is listed as a capable one. I have the HTC Thunderbolt now and it does not have a MHL or HDMI connection. My wife has the Samsung Droid Charge and it has HDMI so I was going to try that one. Anyone use the radio with the Samsung Droid Charge? Any Reviews?

Anyone have any reviews of the AppRadio 2 with Android? I was so excited to try this head unit since they added the av outs for a front channel amp and sub, but now I am starting to think they still have not worked all the bugs out.

I'm not sure what happened and they are still selling them online. All I know is last week when I got mine without the power adapter, we went to best buy to get one and the manager there told us they had sent all their stock, as well as all the stores around them back to Pioneer for a recall, but the display model was still there for people to order one.

Should of listened and sent mine back. The radio and ipod works great, but can't get one app to work with my Samsung droid charge or Pandora to work.

I just received a call from visions where I bought my deck. They are having me come in so they can do a firmware update that will fix a problem with the back up camera. I guess it's locking up and has caused some accidents so they are getting the distributors to do the firmware update. I will be signing off that they did the work so they can send the paperwork back to Pioneer.

I hadn't installed my camera yet so haven't seen the problem myself.