AVIC411.com

AM/FM radio on the AVH-P8400BH

Hi all,

Noob here and hoping for some help.

When I select the HDRadio function there is no sound. I know this is because I do not have the HD receiver which is fine, but how the heck can I get it to tune regular AM and FM. Reseting the stereo both ways does not help. And I can find no option to turn of the HD radio or select regular analog.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello there,

I have the same unit, and you do have HD radio, it is built in. It seems like there is something up with your antenna connection to me. My HD kicks in after a couple of seconds and sounds great, even if the radio stations in San Antonio suck!

j

Have you had any issues of your touch screen freezing? Mine does it a fair amount, although an installer in Canada says he has just received the new firmware to correct this.

Hope it helps,

Duncan

Hey Duncan,

Thanks for the info. I saw afterwards what you are talking about, and you are right. I definitely did not have the power for the antenna connected also. I found the electrical manual for the Kia Rondo online. Even after I did though, the same thing.

I don't think the problem is with the antenna connection though. Even without it connected it should revert back to analog, which it appears to do but should I not at least get static?

Also, Where you select the different bands of FM/AM at the top of the screen it is greyed out. And the band button on the remote does nothing.

Darren.

BTW. No problem with the screen freezing at all. I would like to get the new firmware regardless.