AVIC411.com

AVIC-X9310BT with iPAD

After reading a lot of reviews it seems many people are unhappy with features on head units.

i believe I am going to install a head unit that works with an iPAD and use it day to day then link the iPAD by BT and have access to the latest Nav, Audio and Video.

My local Pioneer has AVIC-X9310BT so recommending it, but I saw the 4400 seems to be more integrted with iPad (iPhone)

1. What is the difference between AVIC-X9310BT and AVIC-X930BT? I looked at the manual and it is not clear.

2. The AVIC-X9310BT seems older OS (GUI)

3. The AVIC-X9310BT has a whole list of iPods and iphones it works with but no mention of iPAD

not the expert, but i think x9310bt and x930bt identical, with x9310bt being a model designation for dealers vs retail.

i think 4400 dont have GPS nav integrated, and is a separate add-on. I would think 4400 is similar to z140 but without gps included.

using cd-iu51v (not iu50v) and x9310, you should be able to use and charge ipad just like iphone

If you want the latest interface, either z140bt or x940bt is probably comparable to 4400.

There is also a good chance that Pioneer will release an update for purchase in the next few months that will update earlier Z and X series (like x930bt) to the latest Z140/X940 UI (and hopefully appradio features!) and 2012 maps. (maybe CNSD-310FM ?)