AVIC411.com

Questions (complaints?) about AVH-P8400BH...

I've just installed a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH in my 2011 Toyota RAV4 and I have a questions...

1) The screen is very dim in sun-light. The unit isn't even in direct sun-light but it's very dark and with my sun-glasses on it's almost impossible to see. I've adjusted the "Dimmer" setting to full brightness but it still didn't help. Is there anything else I can do? Are other units (Kenwood, etc) also like this?

2) If I'm using my iPhone (in Advanced App Mode) with a GPS application like MotionX, I can still use the unit's HD Radio to listen to music, etc. However, it won't automatically lower the music when a GPS instruction comes on. Is there any tweaks for this?

Thanks!

when using pandora or the ipod feature on an iphone the iphone sound effects need to be shut off. when cruising i dont need anyone to know i just got a message. also NONE of the gps apps for it are worth a damn.

another thing: get the head unit to control the iphone. its annoying as hell to have to keep grabbing the iphone to use it to control the apps. this should be controlled on the head unit.

also, someone fix the b.s. with the bluetooth. i think its stupid that if i leave my iphone connected to the head unit and then come back to the car, turn it on, i have to disconnect the iphone right away so that the bluetooth can connect and then reconnect the iphone. if you connect the iphone before the bluetooth connects, then it screws up app radio and pandora

Yeah I've had all those above issues.

Ability to change between apps is a major thing I would like to see them fix, as it defeats the purpose of having everything on the big screen if I still need to manipulate everything from the small screen.

Bluetooth is messed up. If I try to connect via phone or deck after the initial localization of the phone fails it really screws up and there really isn't a way to power off the system without taking the screen off or powering off the car.

• 1 month later...