AVIC411.com

avic z140bt best bypass

The bypass is not done correctly.

Damn, I'm guessing the tab on the wire I took from an older Pioneer harness isn't long enough to make contact with the pin on the Head Unit connector. I guess I will have to purchase the correct cable online since I don't want to use the Mute wire.

Damn, I'm guessing the tab on the wire I took from an older Pioneer harness isn't long enough to make contact with the pin on the Head Unit connector. I guess I will have to purchase the correct cable online since I don't want to use the Mute wire.

Make sure the pin is properly seated in the slot. That is almost always the problem with symptoms like yours.

Make sure the pin is properly seated in the slot. That is almost always the problem with symptoms like yours.

I was pretty sure I seated the cable as far in as it could be when I first did the mod this past Sunday, but I will double check it later on today. Anyway, I went ahead and purchased the cable from MicroBypass because I just have a feeling that is what's causing it.

Thanks for your time.

Received my CD-IU51V cable from Amazon yesterday. It is a red tagged authentic Pioneer Corporation cable. Will see if it works today.The cable itself has an orange tag on it <CRW1549-A> Three rings with tip. Hopefully it will work without having to unplug/plug in everytime I start my truck.

I was correct. The connector on the wire I took from the spare harness I had lying around was too short. It just simply wasn't reaching the pin in the stereo connector slot (it was about 1/3 of the length it was supposed to be). It's working beautifully now :mrgreen:

Look at the attached picture and you will see the difference in the connector lengths.

th_SAM_3531-Copy.jpg

Just an update. I installed the new CD-IU51V cable from Amazon and it works great! Thanks for all the help on this forum. I just wish the pioner was as user friendly as the Eclipse unit I have. So many buttons to push just to do one thing. Maybe over time I will have it figured out.