AVIC411.com

avic z140bt best bypass

I am brand new to this site. Hey all! I just replaced my eclipse head unit with avic z140bt. Th einstaller helped me a little and installed a toggle switch to eliminate the e brake issue. I was so used to the eclipse, just touch while going, no matter what. Now this z10bt is being alittle stubborn. Even with the switch, when I hit 10 mph, it shuts down all acess to the things I want on! I have read the hacks and have concluded that now I am really confused on what the BEST way to do this is. I don't want to harm the unit or lock it up, but I want everything useable while cruising. Please help.

Reading over the forums, it is hard to tell which bypass is the correct way to go. Do I add the green wire and just ground it only to find that it works for a short period of time or remove the yellow wire and plug it in to the unused hole on the other connector? Which is the right way to make sure I don't screw anything up? Or do I add the relay? Has anyone locked up the unit or fried something or had something not work because of this?

Went for drive today and it works great. Thanks again for all the help. Now I have to figure out how to get the I touch to stay connected when I turn off the truck ad start it again. It sees the Ipod, but doesn't play until I unplug the aux wire and plug it back in again?

Those of you that have successfully done the bypass on a Z140BH, do you still get a message about the parking brake not being connected properly, and then having to hit the "OK" button to bypass the message???

The bypass is not done correctly.

I am using the cable that came with the head unit and my own ipod to usb cable and the 3.5mm aux wire.

That's not the way to interface with the iPod. You need a CD-IU51V cable. It has USB and 3.5 on one end and an Apple 30pin connector on the other. It does not use the aux (headset) output jack on the iPod.