AVIC411.com

F700BT - new install, only radio works - iPod, SD no sound

I removed the unit form my previous car ... it worked great.

Had it in at Future Shop today to be installed into my "new" car ... got it back and everything seemed fine ...

Until I got home and plugged my iPod in. No sound at all. It registered the iPod, could track where it was, showed the album cover, everything except audio.

I'm heading on a long trip tomorrow and figured, well, if I could load music onto the SD card, I could live with that until I can get it fixed.

Same thing.

Threw a CD in ... same thing.

ALL audio stops ... even the beeping noise made when changing screens ... it all stops until I hit either FM or AM.

Any thougths?

I've tried adjusting the settings ...

And it isn't just the iPod, but also the SD card and CD player as well ... same issue ... select one of those and everything goes quiet!

No sounds at all until I switch to radio then all system sounds are back as well.

Front aux input gets no response at all ...

Car is a Saab 9-5, 2004. System was moved from the same car, 2005 and it worked just fine last week when I removed it.

Another strange thing is that the sound levels are much higher ... perhaps because of the connection to the car, I'm not sure. Before, I used to max out at 40 ... now, 20 is too loud!

OK, I tried resetting it using the button on the front panel ... ended up driving for 13 hours with only the radio ... no fun if you ask me!

Any other thoughts? Is there something else that would kill all audio as soon as iPod / SD / CD is selected??? I've downloaded both the instruction manual and the installation manual and I can't see anything in there that suggests there is a problem with the installation.