AVIC411.com

Trouble with new ipod software on the N1

I have the 30GB video ipod. I just upgraded the software for it (version 1.2.1). That's the latest version(the only difference with this is that ipod searches quicker as you scroll down - searches alphabetically rather than go through each song). Now it doesn't work properly with my N1. What happens is, when I plug the ipod into the radio, my ipod says "connect okay" then after awhile it says "okay to disconnect". The screen on my ipod has nothing else. The screen stays there. It doesn't go to any of the menus.

I read the manual that came with my N1 and it says that it doesn't support software versions prior to ipod update Oct 2004. What I don't udnerstand is that, the 30GB video ipod came out much later than that and the software for it is 2006. So this ipod shouldn't have been working in the first place because it's not compatible?

Anyway, I've been lurking here and searched past threads, if anyone is having the same problems. From what I can understand it seems that majority of the people here uses the ipod interface adapter. Would this solve my problem?

Much help would be appreciated. Oh and hello.

Strange. The ipod adaptor is supposed to lock out the buttons on the ipod when its connected--unless you modify the ipod adaptor (you can find out how to do that by doing a search on the subject.)

But I've always controlled through the ipod. Now I can't. And yes the N1 system reads "external src 1" when I plug it in.