AVIC411.com

Hey, first post of probably many questions.

I just had my Avic installed. I bought a 16gig MicroSD card. I used OSX, and I loaded the card up by dragging files directly from my iTunes to the SD spot in Finder. Now, nothing is in folders of any sort. I can't search by artist or anything else. No album artwork shows up, and some of the files are "unplayable".

Any advice on the better way to load up the SD so that its organized? and does anyone know what I should do about unplayable files? I'm assuming it has something to do with the file format.

Thanks

I bought one 32GB card that didn't work well. I assume that is something that is more likely to happen at higher densities, but that shouldn't be discounted.

The filesystem the 940BT expects is either FAT16 or FAT32. I doubt that's your problem, but you might want to verify what is on your card by looking at it with a Winders box just to check the first time.

You should think of the SD card like a disk drive when you put stuff on it. The tunes in a directory are played in order of their date/time stamp. I believe the tunes from the next directory (in time order) are played next (if you haven't monkeyed around with the replay feature.

I don't have iTunes so I don't know if they are in the proper format (I would expect they are - just don't know).

So far, I've just copied music off my CDs into mp3 files using RealPlayer and it works fine. I plan on making separate directories for different types of music or other groupings and either put albums in them or individual songs. I find navigating in a long list a hit-or-miss proposition (I don't know of a way to scroll one entry at a time. All I know how to do is carefully flick my finger over the list to scroll it) so I'm going to try to organize them so each directory listing isn't very long.

Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Download Double Twist and install it on your PC. Use menu to import your itunes music, files and playlists. Mount SD card via USB as a mass storage device. Double Twist will now sync your media to the SD card.

Note if you use itunes or another media manager they will automatically organize your media into folders by Artist>Album>Song. I have 5000+ songs on SD and this so far avoids exceeding folder or file limits.

Coming from itunes you will not get album artwork but I'm experimenting with tools to see if that can be imbedded as well.

All this because my 9310 will not connect my Samsung Galaxy S3 as an audio source via Bluetooth.