AVIC411.com

Z140 Intermittent Not Powering Up

After owning my Z140 for approximately 4 months it started to not power up occasionally when I started the car. If I restarted the car most of the time it would then boot up. I took it back to my local shop and they attempted to trouble shoot it and eventually decided to just swap it out. So far I have not had this occur since the replacement, but it has only been about a week.

Has anyone else seen this?

• 1 month later...

I see this happen in my car form time to time as well. My opinion was in the way the HU is wired to power. My installer wound up having to tap a line directly from the battery. As such it seems to be a drain on the battery. If I wound up not driving it for sometime I notice it is worse. When I have taken extended trips out of town it seems fine.

My sense is it is a battery drain issue, with driving it recharging the batt some, I will have to hook up a battery tender to my car this weekend to see if its simply the drain that's the issue. I also have an issue where ipod video just drops out to a blank screen. Almost as it the wired connect is lost randomly. I then have to re click the pandora or video icons to get it to come back.

I have yet to have anyone give me a resolution for this seemingly random problem.

When it disconnects I see a white square on the head unit on the left side for a split second.

I wish there was an answer but as for not powering up, check to see how you were wired for power. If its direct then maybe just a recharge to the car battery every once in awhile will fix it.

Yea, this is happening all the time now for me as well. I think I need to replace mine, hopefully not have to send back as it is only 5 months old. I have been having small issues since I got it from my shop. Hopefully they will support me and swap it out for me. Otherwise I'll be sending it to pioneer while driving with a hole in my dash for awhile.. I am NOT relishing the thought.. Grrrr...

• 2 weeks later...

I am extremely frustrated right now, I have also had the Z140 for about 4 months... the problem just started today. The unit will power on, and then within 10-15 seconds it will power off, and then repeats the cycle.

I cannot use the unit at all right now... I will have to contact the shop and hopefully they can do something to help me. Paid over $1000 for this thing... it should operate for much longer than 4 months.

Is anyone experiencing this problem with their unit powering on/off continuously?

• 2 months later...