AVIC411.com

I'm new to this site and I wanted to know if I could upgrade my AVIC-Z110BT from 1.00100 to the newest firmware without using all the upgrades in between and will the newest firmware add all of the other features that the Z120 and Z130 upgrades provided. I've searched the forums but was unable to find an answer.

I'm new to this site and I wanted to know if I could upgrade my AVIC-Z110BT from 1.00100 to the newest firmware without using all the upgrades in between and will the newest firmware add all of the other features that the Z120 and Z130 upgrades provided. I've searched the forums but was unable to find an answer.

I wouldn't bother with a firmware upgrade to the Z140.

It's garbage.

A two year old Chimpanzee could do better.

Someone needs to hack this piece of crap and do it right.

The GUI sucks and the O/S has WAY too much garbage built into it....but that's just my take.,

Actually, its been answered several times, although it is nearly impossible to find any real info on this site without reading 1000's of posts.

The answer is no, you dont need to install all the 110 > 120 > 130 upgrades. You just need to install the proper ShortFuse hack for the version you are currently running, then install whatever upgrade you wish. That might even work for the new Z140 upgrade - but no one has tried it yet.

Currently there are two different ShortFuse hacks, 1.00x and 2.00x ( I can't remember which minor version number was used). If you have an unmodified Z110, use the 1.00x version. If you are already at Z120, install the 2.00x version. Shortfuse used a minor update from Pioneer to introduce his hacked files into your current OS/app software. This hack effectively disables the password validation for the next upgrade that you install.

Oh, ignore that troll, but I wouldn't be chomping-at-the-bit to install the latest (Z140) upgrade yet. Let someone else be the guinea-pig.

It appears this time there are two different upgrades, one for the older hardware (Z110, Z120), and one for the newer hardware (Z130). Both update maps and some features. But, for the older hardware, some features of the old software are disabled (like NAV VR commands). New features are added. Somewhere on Pioneer's site, there is an installation guide that lists the changes on the older hardware. I think everyone needs to understand the changes before they install it. There's no going back.

Oh, ignore that troll, but I wouldn't be chomping-at-the-bit to install the latest (Z140) upgrade yet. Let someone else be the guinea-pig.

I beg your pardon,but I hope you weren't refering to me.

The GUI on this thing is a joke,especially the radio.

It could have been laid out much better and a little colour added.

If I had an older unit,I wouldn't bother upgrading to Z140 specs.

I beg your pardon,but I hope you weren't refering to me.

The GUI on this thing is a joke,especially the radio.

It could have been laid out much better and a little colour added.

If I had an older unit,I wouldn't bother upgrading to Z140 specs.

Yes I was.Your response had nothing to do with his question.

Yes I was.Your response had nothing to do with his question.

Very enlightened of you to resort to name calling.

Very intelligent indeed.

My point was why bother.

The Z140 interface leaves much to be desired anyway.

You do seem to agree in a roundabout way with this comment:

"Oh, ignore that troll, but I wouldn't be chomping-at-the-bit to install the latest (Z140) upgrade yet"

BTW,your sentence structuring needs some work.