AVIC411.com

upgrade an NI to the N3???

I have an AVIC N-1 and have done one update that was sent to me 2 years ago by Pioneer. I called them to ask when the next mapping update would be coming and they said never, I have to buy the new DVDs that are like $250 and I would get the new maps and the unit would be upgraded to an N3.

Well, this is what I want to know. My unit works fine. I can watch DVDs while driving and change all features as well while driving. If I get these upgrade DVDs for my unit, will I still be able to change destinations while driving and modify routes just as I do now. I am not too worried about the watching a DVD while Driving. Sometimes nice when the kids are in the truck, but other times seems useless. So what do I do? I want the N3 upgrade, but $250 is not worth it if I can not do what I can do now with the chenging routes and such.

Thnks all,

Thanks for the info. I do have the voice recog, but it is not hooked up yet. I would like to be able to do some things on this friggin thing without tearing it apart after I get the upgrade. I really have no quarrels with it other than being so outdated now.

Pioneer sucks, better yet the federal and state governments suck. You can go by any other type of navigation system like and Iway or a garmin and you can edit it and change it, but if the friggin thing is mounted permanent in the vehicle, you can not do shyte to it. WTF???