AVIC411.com

Android +8400?

Hello all,

Trying to get the appradio part working with my samsung Galaxy S3. I can connect the bluetooth and listen to music via bluetooth audio, but I cannot get appradio working. I still have the iphone cable plugged in for my wifes phone but don't see / understand how I can get my adroid connected from what i understood it connects just via bluetooth but i cant get it to work any suggestions.

Also anyone know how to get sound back to tunein radio after another app like skype takes over the sound output via bluetooth? I dont have an output chiice like on the iphone at least from what i can see.

Thanks in advamce!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pioneers webpage for the 8400 implies they do support Android: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P8400BH

It's confusing for sure, looking at the Accessories, there is no specific cable for Android, unless it all works over USB.

You will never get it to work, the 8400 does not support Android. The iphone has to have a specific cable to work not just the USB to get the app mode working.

The answer is yes you can get Android to work but you need another cable. One that goes mini usb to usb + video. Still haven't figured out if any cables will work that are not specifically from Pioneer because I don't see anything on the back to accept a HDMI cable. Probably need some kind of adaptor. But this is the cable for those that want to know:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CDAH200C-Appradio-Adapter-Android/dp/B007YCZT58/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352140263&sr=8-2&keywords=Pioneer+Android

• 5 weeks later...