AVIC411.com

How can i get Galaxy s3 to work with appradio 2?

I just switched from an iphone 4s to a galaxy s3 because iphone 5 who knows when that will work with appradio 2 and i didn't feel like waiting around.

I ordered the android cable went to best buy and it doesn't work. Now i tried to do some research and found maybe i need an adapter like this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083FYL0O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A12KEZCG9I0IOM

I ordered and i hope it will work.

But i see people are using the s3 with jellybean on the appradio 2 so i know there is a way i just want to make sure i have the right parts. I don't want to have to return everything including the phone because of this.

I was looking forward to using killnanny which is one of the main reasons i switched.

Thank you for all help.

• 2 months later...

You do NOT need the over priced Android connectivity kit. I just switched over to the S3 from iPhone and let me tell you it was the best decision I ever made.

With all due respect to AR Extentions, the Android version AR Liberator works FLAWLESS! 100% mirrored image of your phone onto the AppRadio with full control

You need an HDMI cable, OEM Samsung MHL adapter (the one made for GS3 ONLY, no others will work!!!), and a car charger to plug into the adapter. This will connect you to Pioneers crappy app mode...

To go the full 10 yards, root your S3, and download ARLiberator to turn your Appradio into an Android in dash megaphone/tablet!

• 4 months later...

You do NOT need the over priced Android connectivity kit. I just switched over to the S3 from iPhone and let me tell you it was the best decision I ever made.

With all due respect to AR Extentions, the Android version AR Liberator works FLAWLESS! 100% mirrored image of your phone onto the AppRadio with full control

You need an HDMI cable, OEM Samsung MHL adapter (the one made for GS3 ONLY, no others will work!!!), and a car charger to plug into the adapter. This will connect you to Pioneers crappy app mode...

To go the full 10 yards, root your S3, and download ARLiberator to turn your Appradio into an Android in dash megaphone/tablet!

How is your s3 and appradio 2 working now? I want to switch from iPhone 4s to galaxy s3. Already have pioneer Android kit. I love siri but want more control that is offered with Android. I also want to connect s3 to appradio then put phone in glove box and dont touch it again til I get out of car. Possible?

Yes it is possible. The Pioneer kit is a 5 pin MHL lead. Samsung decided to create a propriety 11 pin connector for the S3.

You can either get a 5 to 11 pin adapter or an 11 pin MHL lead and replace part of the Pioneer kit. Either way, make sure it is a genuine Samsung part as there are lots of fakes that cause problems.

so i got appradio ii and s3 with samsung mhl 11pin adaptor, everything is fine and brand new but have one problem.

after few minutes, screen start flickering, so i have to unplug the adaptor and connect it again for another 5 minutes, some time for 30 minutes. i thought i have loose connection in adapter, so i re-solder all connections in it but didnt help.

im thinking to buy another adapter and try it again, any one have similar issues?