AVIC411.com

Z110bt "There is no applicable program."

Hi all, I just attempted to install the latest version of Condi's hackmode. It looked like it went trough fine, got the green screen stating the installation is complete, and the system will reboot in 5s. After the reboot, all I get is a black screen stating "There is no applicable program." I tried reinstalling the hackmode and it does the exact same thing. I also tried taking the power away from the unit for a few minutes to see if it would revert to it's original state but it has not... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Seems to be a common problem. See the most recent dozen or so posts on this thread for a possible fix. http://avic411.com/i...10fmuc-upgrade/

First thinkg is to boot into Test Mode and see it PRG.FLG exists. If not, add it.

You didn't say which version of software you are running on you Z110. Have you previiously installed one or more of the Pioneer upgrades (CNSD-110FM....CNSD-310FM). If so, you might need to restore /USER/PRG0 and/or PRG1 files from your upgrade SD.

I upgraded to the z120bt firmware a couple of years ago using a walk-through from this site. As for going into test mode, I thought Hack mode was needed to be able to enter it. If that's not the case, how would I go about entering test mode? Sorry for the noob question. I've tried searching the site and google and can't seem to find the info.

I followed the link you've provided and found that v1.3 of hack mode should boot. I tried it and am now logged in. But now I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I did find that /user/prg0 and prg1 are both there. I don't have that files from the original upgrade tho if they need to be overwritten..

If you were just trying to install CNSD-310FM, you don't want HackMode, you want this -> http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35267-renewaliflib-auto-replacer-v12/

The HackMode stuff is really aimed at real hackers - not casual users. A real hacker better understand what they are doing and be able to recover from their changes. That means having a back-up of all the /USER files before installing it.

It seems that for some reason, installing Condi's Hackmode trashes some units. It happened to me and several others. In my case, it only clobbered the files in /USER/PRG0. The PRG1 files were OK. So, I was able to recover by switching it to use the good PRG1 files. When the HU boots, it looks of an empty file called /USER/PRG.FLG. If it is present, the PRG1 files are used.

In order to recover, you need to boot into TestMode (insert an SD with TESTMODE.KEY in it's root) I believe that the HackMode script renames PRG.FLG to something like PRGx.FLG so you can either copy thatfile to the SD, take the SD to a PC/Mac and rename it back to PRG.FLG, and .....copy it back to the HU in /USER/ Actually it's easier to just create an empty file on your PC called PRG.FLG, and load that on your SD with TESTMODE.KEY.

If that doesn't work, then your best bet is to download CNSD-110FM and refresh all the files in /USER/PRG1 (assuming you have /USER/PRG.FLG) from the upgrade SD image.

I have the same issue but i jacked it up i think..i followed the directions above with restoring PRG1 folder and im now able to boot back to normal, but when i go into the settings menu everything is greyed out except AV SETTINGS and AV SOUND. I have AVIC-110bt that i upgraded to a 140BH..

First, did you set the parking brake - or alternatively do the PB bypass wiring? Many settings will be disabled without one of these.

Second - it probably is a good idea to do a hard reset - meaning disconnecting all power (both red and yellow wires feed power - the yellow one retains settings in memory).

RonS, that did it! Replacing the prgx.flg with prg.flg got me my sounds back! I had gotten experimental last night with some of te files in the /USER/ directory but luckily I had made a back up prior to that. So after restoring from there and doing what you suggested everything is back up and running! I'll try upgrading some other time. I'm just glad It's functional again. Thanks you!