AVIC411.com

AVH-8400 BT & BH Firmware

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just (yesterday) had this fitted into my Car a 2008 Audi TT. I have looked through the basci instructions in the box and I can't find any info on how to install this updated firmware. Is there any one here who could help.... please :)

I also am having problems installing the App Mode, well getting it to run from my iPhone 5 I am using the CA-IW.201S iPod/iPhone 4/4S to USB Connection Cable but that may be another question.

Well there are a lot of threads about that here.

Here are some from the top of my head: often failing the firmware update, which apparently causes the bt module to be bricked. SD-card features suck tbh (quite often failing to initialize it - needs a reboot; the ID-tag playback problem I made a thread about; makes duplicate artists in the ID-tag category, although the name is exactly the same on my PC and the unit). Doesn't show artist-track info when playing audio CD-s (yes, the CD-s have that information and they work on my old 1 DIN unit).

Well there are a lot of threads about that here.

Here are some from the top of my head: often failing the firmware update, which apparently causes the bt module to be bricked. SD-card features suck tbh (quite often failing to initialize it - needs a reboot; the ID-tag playback problem I made a thread about; makes duplicate artists in the ID-tag category, although the name is exactly the same on my PC and the unit). Doesn't show artist-track info when playing audio CD-s (yes, the CD-s have that information and they work on my old 1 DIN unit).

I dont use SD cards, I use USB and I have no issues at all, even art work is showing. I really, do not encounter any issues with my unit, I love it.

• 2 months later...

What bugs ? aside from apple fucking up the bluetooth ? I have none.

Here's one that drives me nuts.  Select a folder for playback and put it into random mode for playback within that folder and the player randomly plays files from that folder only.  Change the folder and suddenly the player will decide that you want the random playback to occur from all folders on the flash drive.  This bug drives me absolutely nuts, and then it's hard to see because the little icon that displays the current state looks almost exactly like one of the other icons. (I think one is the word "All" while the other is a folder with the tab on the left and from a few feet they look virtually identical)

I think that's the only flat-out bug I encounter, but there are a lot of basic things it ought to have and their exclusion screams "rushed product cycle" like alphabetic sorting of flash drive contents (if it has the horsepower to show a dancing EQ graph while playing a song it has the power to perform this Programming 101 task) and caching audio settings to persistant memory so that way when the car's battery is disconnected and reconnected the settings are not lost.  I have 96GB of storage attached to my drive and these settings would take up, what, 5? 10KB?

Overall this is a beautiful player that I absolutely love and was by far the best double din player I found last year.  This thing is leaps and bounds above the older Pioneer double dins that I played, and I would like to try out the 2013 models.