AVIC411.com

parking brake bypass issues, please help!

i just recieved my z1 yesterday and installed it and i loveeee it! but oine issue i have is that when i turn the unit on it senses that i have by passed the parking break by grounding the parking brake wire. when i go to my connection screen it says the parking break is on but when the vehicle begins to move it grays everything out. does anyone know a solution to this?

ducatiboy i did exactly as you said and grounded the parking brake wire and added the cellphone mute wire to the position you specified and i still have the problem. what else should i test? i just recieved the unit yesterday and it is brand new in box.

If I had to guess it's something with the cell phone mute wire you inserted into connector 2.

If it's unlocked while parked and not while moving and you get the pop up message about the parking brake not hooked up right. Kill that error message by pressing the recessed button to the right of eject.

If it still work work while in motion it's that wire in connector 2. Either it's not in all the way or a bad terminal on the end of the wire or you didn't ground it or something, but that's what you should focus on. That wire in connector 2.

scratch that i fixed the issue. the reset cleared it upThanks for yalls help. Ducatiboy i have been meaning to tell you this, i noticed the ipod adapter for the z1 is identical in every aspect as the ipod adapter for alpine head unit that was relased just before the intorduced the intigrated ipod module to the head unit. the alpine module i have is just a slow as the z1 also. do you think there is a way to speed the ipod searching up by putting a ipod adapter from a different manufacture?