AVIC411.com

AppRadio 2 Steering Wheel Controls

What are you guys using to enable steering wheel controls for the AppRadio 2? Specifically, I cannot get the Push-to-Talk button to bring up the voice dial prompt of the head unit. Everything else works but those two things and it is driving me nuts! I am currently using the Axxess AWSC interface.

I realize similar questions have been asked, but none were explicitly my question (at least the ones immediately available when searching), nor was an answer to my question provided in them.

Did you ever achieve a work around or do any remapping of the aswc? Axxess' instructions are a little vague, but I'm going to remap the climate control buttons on my truck to address my issues of having only seek next and source (as well as volume up/down) being the only buttons for the radio.

texbuck

I'll try this weekend when I'm at the installer. Push-to-Talk will not work. I am going to see if Mute, Band, Play/Enter, On Hook, Off Hook, Fan Up, Fan Down, Temp Up, or Temp Down, are passed through by the head unit. If they are, we can get those buttons set to do things on the AppRadio. I highly doubt they will work, though, as Pioneer went minimalist on pretty much everything. I mean, how hard would it have been to enable A2DP with their Parrot Bluetooth module? Pioneer didn't even develop it and still didn't get it enabled!

• 2 weeks later...