AVIC411.com

Did I Brick My Z140BH?

Had you already installed CNSD-210FM or was it a "real" Z130? Just wondering. Also  I can't tell if the CNSD310-FM upgrade was successful, so I'm not sure if you can go back to CNDS210 files.  Your headaches are far from over.

Sounds like you haven't mastered TestMode file copy/paste. Did you see the video?

Ignore his comments about HackMode. What he's using is TestMode.

OK! Success was had!! Rather than posting a play-by-play of every mistake and folly, I thought I'd wait until I cracked the nut.

So I have a "real" Z130. Worth noting that midway through all of today's work, my battery died. I had been turning on ACC power without the engine so often that it just quit on me. That was a fun hour of waiting for AAA to come by and give me a jump:). Once I got the jump, I turned the ignition on every time I operated the unit, instead of just the ACC, and there might have been some correlation between the unit finally working and me giving it more power through a charged battery. (?)

The video you posted was actually very helpful. I was able to copy/paste the .PRG file successfully, i.e. your first suggestion, and that allowed me to get the unit to load up and work like normal. From there, I installed the RenewalFLib thing (although it gave me an error, saying it couldn't copy certain files). I took a guess that that was from trying to install it earlier and barged ahead.

Then I installed the Z140 files with the original CardInfo file and it worked like a charm! 

The unit does some little "twitching" every few minutes, where it will randomly start cycling through the different audio sources ("Tuner" "Bluetooth" "Aha") without me touching anything. I'm hoping that's just a bug that will go away eventually (somehow?:)) and if not, I can live with it. So nice to have a working, fully updated unit again!

Thanks a ton, RonS!! You are a generous man and I know good car audio karma will come to visit you in the future:)

Great, glad it wasn't too serious. I remember a few glitches after my CNSD310FM upgrade too. It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a full reset by disconnecting the power (yellow and red) for 30 seconds. Then you'll need to reconfigure everything.