AVIC411.com

Boot up time, and responsiveness

I'm currently looking at getting either a X940BT or F90BT.

This would mainly serive as an upgrade over my stock stereo and a replacement of a portal garmin.

I watched a few old videos on youtube of the F90BT and the boot up seems rather slow. (one was v2)

I wasnt able to find any of the X940BT but have read that its faster.

Have boot times been made any faster in newer firmware or hacks?

How much faster is the X940BT?

I would be getting either second hand and the difference is close to $200 is the 940BT worth that much more?

Are the Nav systems the same or is one better then other, out of the box / hacked ?

you can get an x930bt secondhand for <400 and upgrade the software to 2012 which is same as 940

It is a little bit faster to boot and hear sound than 900. The original 900 1.x and 2.x softwares were very slow to boot. The latest 4.x software seems to be the most responsive, but i think x920+/z110+ are still faster.

That never crossed my mind.

Did some looking around at prices. Is there any difference in hardware that would justify spending ~$70 more for a x940 ?

The only difference is the software on it. You are supposed to pay $120 for that software upgrade, but obviously we have it here for free, so there isn't any justification to spending $70 more for the x940 if you don't mind walking the ethical line.

• 3 weeks later...

That never crossed my mind.

Did some looking around at prices. Is there any difference in hardware that would justify spending ~$70 more for a x940 ?

Voice recognition (VR) is also a difference. 930 does not have that hardware. I have never been good with using it anyway in any system, but I've seen a lot of people ding the 930 on reviews for its' lack of that capability.