AVIC411.com

seems to be good alternative but didn't try it yet ( iphone 5...)

that's a good question...and sure it will be the solution for "tomorow" even with iphone 5...iphone.6...iphone256 etc....

i can"t downgrade my ipod touch 4...so that i'm "locked" to try it. ( i buy it as second hand firm 6, cheap price and very good alternative idea...)

mike, if you find a way to this, just sell the app to pioneer , sure you can earn money you deserve for all your work !!! ( i'm serious !! )

i was thinking of an "appletv" device to connect to the appradio so that wirelessly something could work...but...too hard to transform that...

i"m sur pioneer must find a solution with an intermediate device that works wirelessly ...like appletv device connected insted of the iphone to the appradio( if they want to stay alive with appradio and iphone...)

something like that...

I would think that an Apple TV connected to the HDMI port on the AppRadio2 and set the Apple device for a screen resolution of 720P should work fine. I'm going to try this in the next few days. I guess the only downside is that you would need a small 120 to 12 volt inverter to make it work since the Apple TV is doing the voltage conversion internally. Unless someone else beats me to it, I'll let you know how well this works out. This could be a good option for iPhone 5 users, except that it adds about $125, with inverter, to your parts list.

Another option would be to get the HDMI adapter for the lightning port and just plug it straight into the HDMI jack if you have a carmount and don't need wireless. I'll try this as well.

Mike, you're right about air server...it's only "basic" not full option...

Dude, if you can try apple tv system, i'm curious !! not sure to have video , but not sur to not have too, :)

maybe it will need a kind of patch software or something like that, but anyway if you can try it , great !!!

Here's a video for connecting your non-jailbroken iPhone 5 or iPad 4th gen via HDMI. Works pretty well. The video on the head unit looks over exposed in this shoot, but it actually is perfectly exposed in real life, so disregard that. My next shoot will be with the Apple TV installed, I'm going to shoot it with the parking lights on to dim the Pioneer screen to see if that helps. Anyway, this works pretty well, check it out:

100%

100%