AVIC411.com

avh-x5500bhs and Pandora

for those who are curious

I just upgraded my pos 8400 to a avh-x5500bhs and Pandora works Perfect with my android thru blutooth

album art and song titles are there too

the phone stays sync'd also

I didn't need any adapters at all ,just connected thru blutooth and then set Pandora to look at blutooth and it worked

Now that I've calmed down from that disaster .I shouldn't have said the 8400 was a pos

I went in there to buy a 5500 but he sold out of them and talked me into buying the 8400

the 8400 was nice but again no android support

the 5500 doesn't have a removeable face but that's the only negative it saw

except for the sd slot (which I don't use anyway)the 5500 is the same

thanks for listening

• 2 months later...

for those who are curious

I just upgraded my pos 8400 to a avh-x5500bhs and Pandora works Perfect with my android thru blutooth

album art and song titles are there too

the phone stays sync'd also

I didn't need any adapters at all ,just connected thru blutooth and then set Pandora to look at blutooth and it worked

What did you mean by "set Pandora to look at blutooth"? Can you elaborate please? 

I can answer that, was looking at the 3500 in best buy last night and paired my phone to the display unit. With these new units there is a line in the setup screens for pandora. Two choices available - "wired" for I-Phones and either wireless or blue tooth (I think it said blue tooth) for androids. When it is set correctly and you launch Pandora on the phone the pioneer will link up with the phone and the phone display changes to something showing "Pioneer Accessory".