AVIC411.com

Connecting Appradio 2 to external screens

Since there is no video out in the appradio itself, it would have to be done with an hdmi splitter. Your remote monitor would have to have an hdmi input or you would need an hdmi to vga adapter of some sort, but yeah, it's doable. I saw this one which will convert one input (your phone) to two outputs (appradio and monitor).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Splitter-Amplifier-Multiplier-1-x-2-Female-/370716178234?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item565067f73a

This is only for androids. Apple can be done as well from the video I saw on another thread.

• 1 month later...

I want to do the same with my Toyota Verso too, which I almost gave up the idea having the AppRadio and gone for the Sony XAV-600BT (lucky I didn't :)) because the lack of video out. As Texbuck has suggested, the HDMI splitter -> HMDI converter is probably the way, however, does your phone have DLNA? If so, maybe you can get the HTC DLNA box and plug to your head rest screen, and have the phone to transmit the AV to the DLNA box...just a idea :P.