AVIC411.com

No audio from iPhone videos and YouTube on SPH-DA100

Noob here - sorry if this has been covered - i searched around a bit in this forum and didn't find anything...

I just recently purchased/installed a SPH-DA100 (a week ago) for my 2005 Honda Accord here in the US and I'm using it with my iPhone 4S on IOS 6.01. When I went into the "Photos" app to play some of the videos from the phone, i noticed the video played fine, but there was no audio coming from them. I then purchased the "EC Touch" app as a test - it also has the capability to play the videos from my iPhone and to also watch YouTube videos. However I noticed that no audio comes from these videos as well.

However, when I play a video from a TV show i purchased from iTunes, the audio plays fine, so i know its not a general audio issue.

I don't know what my firmware version is, but I trying to update my firmware to the latest v8.17 from the Pioneer site, but i keep getting errors after inserting the USB memory stick into the unit saying that it can't recognize the file. I probably should mention my SPH-DA100 is a refurb'ed unit i purchased off Ebay, so i don't know how old it is. All i know is i can't update to v8.17. It might possibly have it already, but i'm not sure...

I know the AppRadio App from iTunes is the latest version since I just downloaded it a week ago.

Has anyone seen this audio issue at all? I haven't heard of anyone on these forums saying they noticed this issue, so i'm really wondering whats going on here ....

Thanks,

Ben

Out of curiosity, is your phone set to vibrate? I've noticed I get no audio from YouTube when my phone is on vibrate, but if I turn the ringer back on and restart YouTube, the audio will work.

Hey.... that was it! Thanks a million :mrgreen:

This is a bit odd though.. i can play videos (with audio) fine with my ringer turned off normally on my phone. In fact when i play videos on my phone (using the phone as the UI) while connected to AppRadio, it will also play with the audio fine. I guess there's something in the EC Touch app and the Photos app in AR that checks to see if the ringer is off and if so, mute the audio.

I think its a bug personally ... a low-priority one, but a bug nonetheless... :?

Thanks again for the help!!