AVIC411.com

Getting an Appradio 2 with Android Kit

Guys,

I am getting a new App radio 2 with the android kit installed next week and I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted.

I have seen some people say the MHL cable supplied with the android connectivity kit is not suitable, so can someone advise me what cable I need to advise the installer in advance.

Thanks

Robbie

Guys,

I am getting a new App radio 2 with the android kit installed next week and I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted.

I have seen some people say the MHL cable supplied with the android connectivity kit is not suitable, so can someone advise me what cable I need to advise the installer in advance.

Thanks

Robbie

You might have to look for the OEM MHL cable. I don't know what the kit includes, but for MHL you'll also need a car charger as the MHL cable needs power to work.

Galaxy Note 2 will use the 11 pin MHL adapter like the Galaxy S3.

The Pioneer kit is a 5 pin adapter I believe. You will either need a converter or the 11 pin adapter. I'd go with the genuine version of the 11 pin given how many problems there are with Samsung phones and snow.