AVIC411.com

Z120 dissasembly

I have a Z120 that I'm giogn to break apart to look at my bluetooth hardware. Anybody have a tutorial or hints/tricks that would aid me? I'm doing this because my bluetooth is FUBAR. The firmware won't update, and the controls for it are greyed out. I'v already done the update to the system and that didn't fix the issue. Only thread I could find about this particular problem was a repair by pioneer because of a "bad blue tooth chip" I think a ribbon cable might have unseated in my recent interior rebuild. Since the warranty is expired any ways, I want to see for myself.

I have a Z120 that I'm giogn to break apart to look at my bluetooth hardware. Anybody have a tutorial or hints/tricks that would aid me? I'm doing this because my bluetooth is FUBAR. The firmware won't update, and the controls for it are greyed out. I'v already done the update to the system and that didn't fix the issue. Only thread I could find about this particular problem was a repair by pioneer because of a "bad blue tooth chip" I think a ribbon cable might have unseated in my recent interior rebuild. Since the warranty is expired any ways, I want to see for myself.

Did you get the Service Manual? It is for a Z110, but it should be the same for a Z120.

http://avic411.com/f...rviceManual.pdf

Is BT the only thing wrong with your HU? I'd try the Z140 upgrade before I tore into the hardware. Also try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. I really think the odds of you dislodging a ribbon cable is remote - unless you already opened the chassis.

I'm pretty sure you already know this, but - just in case....in BT settings, make sure it is set to ON. Otherwise what you describe will happen.

Good luck.

Did you get the Service Manual? It is for a Z110, but it should be the same for a Z120.

http://avic411.com/f...rviceManual.pdf

Is BT the only thing wrong with your HU? I'd try the Z140 upgrade before I tore into the hardware. Also try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. I really think the odds of you dislodging a ribbon cable is remote - unless you already opened the chassis.

I'm pretty sure you already know this, but - just in case....in BT settings, make sure it is set to ON. Otherwise what you describe will happen.

Good luck.

Yes, I did the 104 hack, and updated the maps, even tried the parrot firmware update. Under the settings the bluetooth is set to off, however the control is greyed out and the firmware number is "-------------" It's not a grounding issue as I can use my handbrake and grey out all the other controls when I dissengage. The bluetooth is just dead, like the feature is there, but it's locked out or missing the hardware. The battery has been out everal times, as well as the headunit was dissconnected for quite some time. The issue started when I re-installed after my project was finished.

The service manual is the shiz, thanks! I'm looking through it for some troubleshoot to see if there's somethign external that might cause the malfunction.

I have a Z120 manual, and I need some help uploading it. It's not the same as the Z110 and the parts list is different too.

Did you try uploading to the Gallery? http://avic411.com/index.php?/gallery/

Click Upload. You can create a new "album". Sorry. I've never done this - so I can't walk you through it. If you do upload it, please post a link to it in this thread.

thanks for the manual and assistance, the replacement was a success and very straight forward. As far as modifying there is obviously no replacement for this. The connector is proprietary. However from my research this module is being placed in a lot of OEM bluetooth stereo's. Ford, and BMW for sure. once newer cars start going after market and these stereos go all over e-bay this fix will be much cheaper.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

thanks for the manual and assistance, the replacement was a success and very straight forward. As far as modifying there is obviously no replacement for this. The connector is proprietary. However from my research this module is being placed in a lot of OEM bluetooth stereo's. Ford, and BMW for sure. once newer cars start going after market and these stereos go all over e-bay this fix will be much cheaper.

Hi,

I really hope u see this message. I need to replace the same Bluetooth module and wanted to ask how to do it?

Do you have the service manual for the z120bt?

Did you need to do any soldering?

Thanks!!!