AVIC411.com

x920bt screen navigation

sorry...have to vent about this...

am I the only one who finds the way Pioneer implemented searching for artists/albums on this unit groovy if you we're standing still with an iPod in your hand, but COMPLETELY F$&@ING USELESS while driving at ANY speed?

trying to place your finger at just the right place on the screen, then swishing up or down through tiny, scrolling letters like watching a slot machine roll to a stop is, and has been, the most unsafe way to operate a car audio product I've ever encountered.

Kenwood got it right: bring up a stationary page of large letters, hit the one you want, and keep your eyes on the road. Why Pioneer never updated this is a crime, not to mention a road hazard.

The reason I mention this now is that it's CES time, and Pioneer engineers (?)/ sales reps may actually be looking here at the moment for user interest on their new products, and stumble on my rant. God knows phoning the Pioneer offices and expressing my concerns for safety fell on ignoring ears.

have all Pioneer attempts at a safe and functional user-interface been continually as bad as the X920bt, or have they made some progress on units released after this one (local shops carrying Pioneer demo units near me have all but evaporated, so I have no idea if they actually redesigned this mess)

In closing....Pioneer, you really should redesign and update the software on some of your units before we die in flaming collisions because of your idiot screen-functionality.

Thanks....rant over :)