AVIC411.com

AppRadio 2 with iPhone + iPod Classic simultaneously?

I have searched and searched but I am unable to find an answer to this question:

Does the AppRadio 2 allow an iPod Classic to be connected and usable, while an iPhone(or iPod Touch) is connected?

Pioneer's website says that an iPod Classic is compatible, but it doesn't say anything about having 2 devices connected at once.

I sent the question to Pioneer and they sent me this

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Customer Service with your inquiry.

In order to answer your question correctly' date=' we will need to speak with you directly. Please contact our Product Support Department directly at (800) 421-1404, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM Pacific Time. (Select option 2, then option 4 to reach Product Support.)

Basically, they couldn't answer a simple question.

I'd appreciate it if someone could answer this for me.

Thanks.

The appradio 2 has only one ipod cable and icon on it's main screen, so unfortunately, the answer is no. Does your ipod hold more music than you can transfer over to your iphone? If so, then I would hook up the ipod and let the appradio use the iphone through bluetooth. Remember that the appradio doesn't stream bt music, so in this configuration, the iphone will be a hands free phone is all.

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. My iPod only has like 1000 songs on it and I do have iTunes match, so I could use my phone. The catch for me is that the Classic has ~600 Music Videos on it. I could handle switching back and forth for that function, as well as using my phone for hands free. I'm just not sure if AppRadio can play a video from a Classic. I know it can from an iOS device.

I think what will likely happen, is I will end up using my phone paired with Vevo for Music Videos. I still have unlimited data from AT&T so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...